Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is speaker adjustibility a marketing gimmick?

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    I agree wth jack ;

There will always be an area in space where the distance to the sets of drivers is perceived as most optimal .

This can be measured as well , lets say this is where a good high end speaker has +- 2 db balance , 1/6 octave smooth factor .
    With a change in listening postion this can alter to +- 3 db and and even worse ( i dont wanna go into the weird/ unbalanced freq response wauw this sounds exiting crowd , because its just bad enginering imo and it will be unsatisfactory in the long run )
    One does need a certain distance for the drivers to blend properly off course , with an adjustable driver speaker one can alter that , so you could have the drivers blend in further away or closer and higher or lower .
    The reason i didnt do it myself is first cost , it makes the speaker far more costly to design , and secondly one can still design an optimal speaker and keep the housing material ultra stiff and thick by using a monocoque housing , one large stiff thick monocoque is arguably more stiff then a multiple small boxes construction

Ps wilson also uses it for their time alignment design off course .

And finally if it sounds good then who cares what technique is used , i dont listen to an audioreview or a specsheet , i listen to a speaker i like personally

HJ
    Last edited by andromedaaudio; 12-07-2017 at 12:23 PM.

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andromedaaudio View Post

And finally if it sounds good then who cares what technique is used , i dont listen to an audioreview or a specsheet , i listen to a speaker i like personally

HJ
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built, Stromtank

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234