Is Physical Media Still Relevant?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I too miss the old Cooledit that was free in its base version.

Cooledit.....now that's taking me back in time. Loved it!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
That is what became Adobe Audition! Adobe bought them and stopped giving away the base version :(.

What a shame.....

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
for the price... you can't beat it. To get something similar, you'd have to spend >$300

Cool. I'll try it. Free is good at where I'm at....

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
I'm realy happy for all that computer music & all those downloads that's more high end CDP's on the used market prices are going going going down and i for one is loving it i love to buy at one third the retail price a 10k unit for 3.5k that's what i call a DEAL yep the death of the cd oops i think i heard that one before well maybe this time it's true still i will take my chances i loce CD,s i love the jewel box when the box is broken i replace it by another box Keep It Simple.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
---Andre, have you considered the Oppo BDP-95 Universal BD/SACD/CD/HDCD/DVD-A/USB player?
...Only $999. :b

No Bob no interest what so ever, i have a little more than 1000 cd,s and i have only one sacd Jacques Loussier Solo Piano

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
No Bob no interest what so ever, i have a little more than 1000 cd,s and i have only one sacd Jacques Loussier Solo Piano

I love the Oppo products, but in your case Andre it makes sense to forego them and stick with a CD-only player. Any timeframe on when you're getting the MBL unit?

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
I love the Oppo products, but in your case Andre it makes sense to forego them and stick with a CD-only player. Any timeframe on when you're getting the MBL unit?

Hi Bob my Chord gear is up for sale i will be making a move only when they are sold i'm not a rich man and this gear is expensive i'm in no rush to sale what i own now is very good BUT i do like to change gear alot ( new toys ) the only units not for sale in my system are the Acoustat's because for the room that i have i cannot have a bigger model if i could this is what i would have i'm not only an audiophile i also love nice units i have owned many makes in my 40 years plus in audio it's like a drug but it only hurts the wallet not your health.

PS: For me it would be the 6s or the Spectra 66 or the Spectra 6600 any one of those three that where available i have friends with those and i haven't heard ANYTHING better dollar for dollar and i'm very serious the last pair built the owner chose them over a pair of Focal Grand Eutopias and that is big dollars,

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing