Studer A80 problem

baxa

Sep 26, 2011
Croatia Zagreb
After Warm Up for cca 20 - 30 min In PLAY or RECORD mode My A80 suddenly stop like I tapped 'STOP' kay. Next excess is then after 5 min or shorter. Any idea?
Thanks in advance

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
After Warm Up for cca 20 - 30 min In PLAY or RECORD mode My A80 suddenly stop like I tapped 'STOP' kay. Next excess is then after 5 min or shorter. Any idea?
Thanks in advance

Try cleaning the tape path and what tape are you using?

baxa

Sep 26, 2011
Croatia Zagreb
I use New Tape RGB 468 and tape path is cleaned.
I dont see any tape tension excess before stoping or any oder excess , evrithing is smooth and tape stop just like 'STOP' key bee pressed.

jdza

May 3, 2010
Bruce is right.You sure you do not have too much ambient light shining on the tape end sensor? Occlude the sensor opening with black tape and recheck.

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Along with all the good advice offered above, please start your troubleshooting by measuring the transport supply voltages first on right side of the A80's card rack. The Stabilizer card where you would measure the transport supply voltages is numbered 1.080.370 and located far right of the transport card cage.

Please report back your findings or send me an email to save the bandwidth of this forum.

The next step is to monitor the LED indicators on the Move Status Evaluation card (1.081.396).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing