Grammys

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Foo Fighters win four Grammys tonight, for music recorded on an analog tape machine. Analog is alive and well.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
their recent documentary shows the making of the album at dave grohls house, they enlisted butch vig of nevermind fame. they have a discussion in the film of intentionally choosing analog tape and butch reminding them you cant play tricks like you can with digital. how soon we take for grantd ALL popular music was once recorded analogue

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hey! I like the Foo Fighters! :mad:

:D

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hey! I like the Foo Fighters! :mad:

:D

When I intereviewed Bob Ludwig years ago, he talked about working with Nirvana and commented on what a great guy Dave Grohl was!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How can you not love guys who's album art combines a tube and a bomb right?

<-------- :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Their music; does it turn you on then? Jack? ... Or your just explode from their covers album art?

B, you know what it stands for? Boom? Bomb? BB King? BB Gun? No! Bob! :b

* Hey Myles, anyone else worth mentioning from these 2012 Grammy award sinners, swingers, whiners, winners? Van Morrison, was he there? :b

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
They have a lot of fun tracks Bodacious Bob :) Reminds me of my more irresponsible college days. Hahahahaha. I also found their carefree attitude refreshing. I'm a Gen X'er that was never big on angst especially the contrived kind. LOL.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Their music; does it turn you on then? Jack? ... Or your just explode from their covers album art?

B, you know what it stands for? Boom? Bomb? BB King? BB Gun? No! Bob! :b

* Hey Myles, anyone else worth mentioning from these 2012 Grammy award sinners, swingers, whiners, winners? Van Morrison, was he there? :b

Ummmmm.......Ummmmmm......Ummmmmm.......

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
They have a lot of fun tracks Bodacious Bob :) Reminds me of my more irresponsible college days. Hahahahaha. I also found their carefree attitude refreshing. I'm a Gen X'er that was never big on angst especially the contrived kind. LOL.

I just checked; couldn't find a single analog tape from them, even less an album or a CD! :b

I guess they are not part of the Best from Bob's collection then. :b ...I'm more of The Beatles generation meself.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Now what's wrong with this picture :)

416893_101505923420&.jpg

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
------

* For me, the Grammys represent a dollar sign, no more no less ... Everything else that leads to that end, it matters only for the people who truly care about those things. I don't, unless the musical message truly touch my soul. And more often than not, the performances are are just that, jobs.
Yeah I like Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, and few others, ... but they are at the most secondary 'palmares' of my list.

I'm just sharing truly what I think.

P.S. Thanks Roger for your above link. :cool:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
OK

I have a lame question

I have never been able to distinguish what the difference is (if any) between "Best Song" and "Best Record" inasmuch as Adele's Rolling In The Deep won both. To me they are one and the same. What am I missing

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
OK

I have a lame question

I have never been able to distinguish what the difference is (if any) between "Best Song" and "Best Record" inasmuch as Adele's Rolling In The Deep won both. To me they are one and the same. What am I missing

"Best Song" award goes to the composer/writer/lyricist

"Best Record" award goes to Artist

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing