How Often Do you See One of These????

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Dude I live in a one BR apt in Manhattan. My girlfriend is really understanding but I think another piece of gear in the house would push her over the edge :) Now when I had my bachelor pad.....

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Maybe use the iron to pummel the Sheffield musicians. Such glorious sound quality, such banal music. I have a Sheffield D to D, and its a nice demo disk, but not my first pull for music.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Maybe use the iron to pummel the Sheffield musicians. Such glorious sound quality, such banal music. I have a Sheffield D to D, and its a nice demo disk, but not my first pull for music.

Awww Carl :) There are a few Sheffields that I really like! Take Confederation for one! Amanda McBroom has always sounded weird and the bass is just tubby. Don't care for the sound of the Wagner either.

BTW, see you're in Pleasanton. How far you from Art Ferris and AI?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Awww Carl :) There are a few Sheffields that I really like! Take Confederation for one! Amanda McBroom has always sounded weird and the bass is just tubby. Don't care for the sound of the Wagner either.

BTW, see you're in Pleasanton. How far you from Art Ferris and AI?

Yup, that's unfair, there I go again making gross generalizations from limited experience. Amanda McBroom is pretty OK, and the Sheffield drum track is OK.
I do live in Pleasanton but never visited Audible Illusions. There is another custom manufacturer of single ended amps in a park nearby. Also, Steve and Grellberg are a skip and a jump down the road in Danville.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have talked to Mike as recently as yesterday about joining. For now he remains actively involved still in spring skiing and says that the only places he is posting for now is at his ski forums

He will join BTW

BTW also I am planning a BAAS event tentatively for June 27th as I will be hosting our good friend and moderator here Gregadd all the way from Washington DC. There is a chance that I will do it June 26th instead but so far all are leaning towards Sunday rather than Saturday

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Dude I live in a one BR apt in Manhattan. My girlfriend is really understanding but I think another piece of gear in the house would push her over the edge :) Now when I had my bachelor pad.....

I feel sorry for all of the guys who claim they have to sell their favorite speakers, amps, table, etc., because their girlfriend/wife thinks it's ugly and doesn't fit with "their" decor. Notice I said "their" decor because rare is the house you walk into where a woman resides that you can see any trace a man lives there. I have sent more than one email to guys telling them I would keep the gear they love and get rid of the wife. Some guy on the TP forum was saying he had some cool R2Rs in his basement that he wanted to move upstairs to "his" listening room but the wife says they stink so now he can't move them. I told him I would move the tape decks upstairs and move the wife to the basement. And I am only slightly kidding. Sometimes you have to man-up and put your foot down in order to hold some ground. Otherwise, before you know it, she will have your onions in a jar and you will be painting your walls some shade of pink or purple and picking out candles and pillows for decorations while you are listening to a Bose wave system and trying to remember what your system sounded like before you sold it to finance the couch she wanted.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Carl-What happened to your post? I hope you didn't remove it on my account. I liked it.

markc2

May 12, 2010
TX
They didn't marry the right woman. I have a 11-14 room that is my den, I used to have it in the living room, but all the glass from the windows drove me nuts. Now that I have my room with 18 linear feet of records, a tube amp, quad esl speakers, and a record player and a wife who loves me, its a good deal. Not listed in order of importance ;)

Mark

P.s Very cool amp !!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing