Whitney Houston is dead

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Whitney Houston is dead at age 48.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oh wow. I just heard it now from my son who saw it on his FB page. I couldn't believe it till I saw yahoo news. I was a fan of hers, from her first album onwards, with numerous mtv clips too. Wow, this is just a big shock and surprise.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I can't say I'm shocked. She has had some serious drug issues. I think Bobby Brown played a big part in her downward spiral.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
I can't say I'm shocked. She has had some serious drug issues. I think Bobby Brown played a big part in her downward spiral.

unfulfilled potential .. An extraordinary, beautiful voice with an unmatched range ... None of the present pop singers would even approach her ...None and a beautiful face .. Too bad the talent wasn't matched by the discipline .. Bobby Brown surely did his part to bring her down, ultimately she is responsible for her own demise .. A loss for the world of music .. She should have been one of the greatest ever ... :(

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Whitney Houston : RIP

What sad news. I still remember her in the 1980s. So much talent and beauty wasted in later years. Dead at just 48: http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/story/2012-02-11/whitney-houston/53053070/1?csp=34news

Beverly Hills police Lt. Mark Rosen told KABC-TV that Houston was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. (local time) in her room on the fourth floor of the Beverly Hilton. Her body remained in the hotel and Beverly Hills detectives were investigating.

Houston's publicist, Kristen Foster, said Saturday that the cause of her death was unknown.

JoeyGS

Jul 9, 2011
Laguna, Philippines
May her soul rest in piece...Amen.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As the sad facts continue to unfold one can only remember her for who and what she was. I agree with you Frantz

Whitney Houston’s Tumultuous Final Days

Anyone who'd followed reports of Whitney Houston's bizarre behavior in the days leading up to the Grammys had to have been "shocked, but not surprised" at reports of her demise, as the saying goes. Thursday in particular had been an obviously rough day in public for the troubled singer, whose appearance and behavior raised eyebrows among reporters, photographers, and regular folks who witnessed her erratic rounds............

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-t...-houston-tumultuous-final-days-144148765.html

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I hope Bobby Brown is proud of himself.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
If only Bobby Brown hadn't entered her life.

In the words of Bob Hope: "Thanks for the memories!"

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Probably the best version of the National Anthem ever sung at a sporting event:

[video]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/whitney-houston-performed-greatest-national-anthem-sports-history-020851426.html[/video]

+1. I could watch that again and again and still be awed each time.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
But then John, she had the power to decide with who to be with or not ...

Oh , I know...we all need to remember that no matter what we do, we're all accountable for our own actions. Where I disagree is that sometimes one does not have the power to choose ( for whatever reason).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yeah, like when you get banned unjustly and you can't even defend yourself, for example. ;)

...And there are many other life's circumstances ... I know exactly what you mean ...

* Even judges from the Supreme Court of Law are accountable for their wrong judgements,
but NEVER admit them! It simply cannot be; unless in extreme attenuating measures, like DNA from the deep soul's veins of future times in heaven ... By then the wrongs have been fully committed and it's much too late to a rendering of true justice!

:b

Yes, we are all accountable for our guilts and our judgements ...
... Our faults and our contributions ...

Judging your brother, or sister, is first judging yourself.

Last edited:

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Always like this video...great dress!

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Probably the best version of the National Anthem ever sung at a sporting event:

[video]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/whitney-houston-performed-greatest-national-anthem-sports-history-020851426.html[/video]
Wasn't that lip synched?

I'll take Marvin Gaye's version at the NBA All-Star game at the Forum in Inglewood. He turned the Anthem into an R&B song with unbelievable groove to the point where by the end of the song people were clapping to the beat. I'm sure someone can post a YouTube link.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing