DartZeel NHB-108 .....

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Joost,

It's too soon to tell, but straight out of the box, it was a little constricted and closed in. Overnight she opened up and that Dartzeel magic has returned. The "B" has fully balanced inputs whereas the "A" just had the xlr connectors and were there for convenience. I think the rca inputs would be better in this situation until the Dart pre with the 50 ohm bnc cable is used.

I'd be interested in hearing the TAD amps but I need warmth with my CR-1's. I am not sure the TAD amps will give me that but I would like to find out.

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
Hello,

I have a Dartzeel NHB 108 version B. Serial number is TZ-UC1081.031B
I want to plug it to my Jeff Rowland Corus feeded with PSU (as the Aeris DAC) in balanced mode to the DartZeel. I will replace the currently Model 625 S2 plug to the Avalon Idea speakers.
I see that it has 3 jumpers per channel into the amp. As I've seen many happy owners of this amp here, I'm looking for advise for the best way to do it. Here you are the photos into the amp to see the jumpers. Thank you in advance.

2 JUMPERS.JPG 3 JUMPERS.JPG

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
First off, congratulations on the darTZeel. It is an amazing amplifier!

You do not need to touch anything unless you have a problem.

Hello,

I have a Dartzeel NHB 108 version B. Serial number is TZ-UC1081.031B
I want to plug it to my Jeff Rowland Corus feeded with PSU (as the Aeris DAC) in balanced mode to the DartZeel. I will replace the currently Model 625 S2 plug to the Avalon Idea speakers.
I see that it has 3 jumpers per channel into the amp. As I've seen many happy owners of this amp here, I'm looking for advise for the best way to do it. Here you are the photos into the amp to see the jumpers. Thank you in advance.

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
Thank you for your answer.
I was wondering if it will be better disable the DC Offset Compensation Circuit for better sound but if you tell me that it is OK, I will plug it in this way:)

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Turning off DC Comp will give you 10db of greater signal to noise ratio, but you will need to go through complex biasing of the amp if it starts blowing fuses. You should strongly consider having the SCNP network installed. It is a big improvement sonically and alleviates the need for DC biasing.

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
Thank you jtinn!
I hope to plug it next week as you say.
The impedance of Avalon speakers shouldn't be a problem.
IMPEDANCE.jpg

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Has anyone tried the 108 with and without a PS Audio P20? I know Fremer preferred it with a P20 and his 468 amps until he reworked his incoming AC and transformer. I don’t have a dedicated line or high end isolation transformers and whatever else Fremer did, so I’m assuming using the P20 is best. It’s not easy for me to switch to a wall outlet given the location of my system.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Has anyone tried the 108 with and without a PS Audio P20? I know Fremer preferred it with a P20 and his 468 amps until he reworked his incoming AC and transformer. I don’t have a dedicated line or high end isolation transformers and whatever else Fremer did, so I’m assuming using the P20 is best. It’s not easy for me to switch to a wall outlet given the location of my system.
i owned darTZeel NHB-108's during the time i added my Equi=tech 10WQ wall panel isolation transformer, and it made a significant difference.

the 108's are a transparent truth sayer about your power grid. it will reward positive steps. i have no experience with the PS Audio device (not relevant with my Equi=tech) but would expect a lift.

Reactions: Zeotrope

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing