DartZeel NHB-108 .....

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Okay...i have to ask. (sorry Joe!). Once you;ve allowed everything to burn and settle in...if you are still loving your GAT/108 combo...can you monoblock the 108? Hah!

I would love to add another Dart 108 :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Then i look forward to reading about your impressions when you have! ;)

Please do not hold your breath :) This may take me a very long time, but something I look forward to trying. It has crossed my mind many times. :p

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Please do not hold your breath :) This may take me a very long time, but something I look forward to trying. It has crossed my mind many times. :p

Joe - how else can we get up and check WBF...without hearing about more new adventures from your system growing at a geometric rate?

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Joe - how else can we get up and check WBF...without hearing about more new adventures from your system growing at a geometric rate?

I guess my reputation precedes me. Wow! I am happy to provide another point of view on this wonderful forum. :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hi Joe,

I am very excited for you. Please call me if you have any questions at all and be prepared for a fairly long break-in period. YOu should get the clarity right from the beginning, but the bass and body does not show until 500 hours. It is like a light switch goes off and everything changes.

Hi Jonathan,

My brand new Dartzeel NHB-108B amp showed up last night. Holy cow! I love, love, love Dartzeel. Hands down. I have to get the preamp. Just like I see on every pizza box, you've tried the rest. Now try the best. It's true. I will never be without my Dartzeel. Thank you. I was spoiled with my used one being well broken in. My friend needed an amp, loved mine and bought it from me. I took the opportunity to replace it with a brand new unit. I know I am in for a long break in, but I am happy to do it. Thank you !!!!

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Congrats Joe! Happy listening!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
+1.

enjoy the brand new 108; it does take 200-300+ hours to really come into it's own.

Thank you Mike!

I've been through a lot of gear. Nothing satisfies like my Dartzeel. I hope to end up with the preamp next year.

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA

Lyubo

May 2, 2012
SCNP network

Hi Jonathan,

My brand new Dartzeel NHB-108B amp showed up last night. Holy cow! I love, love, love Dartzeel. Hands down. I have to get the preamp. Just like I see on every pizza box, you've tried the rest. Now try the best. It's true. I will never be without my Dartzeel. Thank you. I was spoiled with my used one being well broken in. My friend needed an amp, loved mine and bought it from me. I took the opportunity to replace it with a brand new unit. I know I am in for a long break in, but I am happy to do it. Thank you !!!!

Hi Joe, The preamp is mandatory - out of the NHB-18NS you can not catch all the magic of the NHB-108B! By the way, is the SCNP network installed in your brand new NHB-108B? This upgrade is available from the end of 2009, but still is not officially announced?

Best regards,
Lyubo

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hi Lyubo,

Yes. It has the latest upgrades and sounds wonderful. I guess I need the preamp then.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hi Lyubo,

Yes. It has the latest upgrades and sounds wonderful. I guess I need the preamp then.

Joeinid,

IMHO it will depend on your system and preference. I prefer to use the NHB108 with the ARC Reference 40 preamplifier than with its preamplfiier. But my CD player is the ARC CD8 and this surely influences the result. Also we should not forget that the REF40 + REF phono 2 + good quality interconnects are much more expensive than the DartZeel preamplifier.

I agree in one point with you - the DartZeel NHB 108, used within its power limitations, is the best sounding solid state amplifier I have owned. :cool:

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Hi Lyubo,

+1. Preamp is a must! Synergy is magical...... Especially with the 50 ohm BNC interconnects between the units.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Joeinid,

IMHO it will depend on your system and preference. I prefer to use the NHB108 with the ARC Reference 40 preamplifier than with its preamplfiier. But my CD player is the ARC CD8 and this surely influences the result. Also we should not forget that the REF40 + REF phono 2 + good quality interconnects are much more expensive than the DartZeel preamplifier.

I agree in one point with you - the DartZeel NHB 108, used within its power limitations, is the best sounding solid state amplifier I have owned. :cool:

+1

I do have a VAC Sig IIa coming before I finally decided to get the Dartzeel preamp. I always knew I liked my Dartzeel amp above the rest on my TAD CR-1's, but for some reason kept going around trying to find something "better". All I found was something different. Other amps have their strengths, but for me, the Dartzeel fulfills all that I am looking for in an amp.

+1. Preamp is a must! Synergy is magical...... Especially with the 50 ohm BNC interconnects between the units.

I enjoyed my CJ GAT immensely on my Dartzeel amp. My XP-30 works wonderfully with it as well, but I need to compare the RCA vs XLR inputs with the Pass. I suspect the VAC Sig will be as good or better than the CJ GAT, but I still want to hear the Dartzeel 18NS preamp.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Hi Jonathan,

Joe
Sorry my friend. I have seen you go thru far too many great pieces of gear to think you will stop at the NHB-108B. Something will come along that will tempt you. You have an acute case of new gear fever. I wish I could keep up with you.

Jim

Reactions: joeinid

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Joe
Sorry my friend. I have seen you go thru far too many great pieces of gear to think you will stop at the NHB-108B. Something will come along that will tempt you. You have an acute case of new gear fever. I wish I could keep up with you.

Jim

Ha!

Well I have Burmester since 4/2011 and Dartzeel since 2/2012 (only replaced used with new). Other gear has come and gone. Time will tell.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Joe, congrats on the 108B. Are you noticing any difference vs. the 108A even though it is not yet burned in? I guess too early to tell...

If I were you, given your exhaustive search for the ultimate amp for TAD speakers, I would make it a point to audition the TAD M2500 and M600's. These are crafted with the sole purpose to extract the most out of TAD speakers. Seems like these have a pretty darn good shot at outclassing the competition... particularly with the recent user accounts that have come in...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing