Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: DartZeel NHB-108 .....

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I love Conrad Johnson gear. I had and sold an ET-5 with the intention of getting the GAT, so I understand what it can do. My ET-5 did not mate so well with my 911mk3 but extremely well with everything else I've tried. I got a little side-tracked but was ecstatic to find the Dartzeel NHB-108 amp. I am sure the Dart and the GAT will be nice. Tell me again how much you like your GAT

Joe
    I could wax lyrical...you already know the CJ sound and particularly the newer CJ sound which combines tonal purity with extreme transparency/decay and dynamics/power in a way i did not think was possible. the newest generation of tubes i think is actually achieving this...for me, i am fortunate to have the GAT, and i feel no need to look anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydelee21 View Post
    I could wax lyrical...you already know the CJ sound and particularly the newer CJ sound which combines tonal purity with extreme transparency/decay and dynamics/power in a way i did not think was possible. the newest generation of tubes i think is actually achieving this...for me, i am fortunate to have the GAT, and i feel no need to look anymore.
    Awesome! I know how happy you are with the GAT, I just wanted to read it again I hope to get one before the end of the year, maybe a little sooner.

My Burmester 911mk3 mono amps have not arrived yet, probably another month. I've been using my Dartzeel NHB-108 mostly and have given a fair amount of time to a CJ Pr. 350. I am absolutely convinced my Dart amp is probably the finest amp I've ever heard. I sit in amazement every night at how much enjoyment the Dart 108 gives me. I've been using a Burmester 077 preamp, which I think is a fine preamp, but I will eventually be trying either a CJ GAT or hopefully/eventually a Dart NHB-18NS. I believe the Dart preamp might eventually win because I think it will match better (especially with the 50 Ohm zeel connector). I like the CJ Pr 350 but the Dart 108 is so refined, so natural and pinpoint specific, I love it. It works extremely well on my TAD CR-1's, much better than I thought possible. I was worried about matching the TADs and the Dartzeel 108, but the CR-1's do not seem like a tough speaker to drive, thankfully.

Joe

I was able to acquire a Conrad Johnson GAT preamp to mate with my Dartzeel 108. What a great combination. I absolutely love them together. I can imagine the Dartzeel preamp is superb but, I've always wanted the GAT. Everything sounds great through GAT/Dartzeel combo. Very natural, female voice especially sounds right to me.
    Joe

Conrad Johnson GAT and ART monoblocks, Two McIntosh MC601's and Two MC275-VI's, Hegel H30, Pass XP-30, ASL Wave monos, Harbeth 40.1, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Naim Supernait 2 with HiCap 2 PS, Bob Carver VTA20S, Lumin A1, Manley Steelhead, Marantz SA-11S3, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Nordost TYR2 and Transparent Audio Super, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Lyra Kleos. Audio Deske Vinyl Cleaner, Burmester 948.

WBF Technical Expert (Pro Audio Production)/Member Sponsor Bruce B's Avatar
    How are you going to the Dartzeel? Balanced, SE or 50ohm zeel?
    Bruce A. Brown
    Puget Sound Studios
    Stereomojo reviewer
    Seattle, WA

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Hi Bruce,

RCA from GAT to Dart. I'm using Cardas Golden Ref. one meter IC's. I've used Transparent Super XLR's from my 077 with excellent results as well. My Dartzeel 108 is a fully up to date version A.
    Joe

Conrad Johnson GAT and ART monoblocks, Two McIntosh MC601's and Two MC275-VI's, Hegel H30, Pass XP-30, ASL Wave monos, Harbeth 40.1, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Naim Supernait 2 with HiCap 2 PS, Bob Carver VTA20S, Lumin A1, Manley Steelhead, Marantz SA-11S3, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Nordost TYR2 and Transparent Audio Super, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Lyra Kleos. Audio Deske Vinyl Cleaner, Burmester 948.

Member Sponsor
    RCA is the way to go, specially with version A.
    Can't you send it for an update to version B?
    BTW, the dealers here keep sending different amps for me to test, but nothing beats the good ol' 108... I'm just done testing Audiopax's latest Maggiore 100 amps (100W single ended class A1 monoblocks), and while they were indeed wonderful, as soon as I put the 108 back, it was pretty clear the resolution was cranked up a notch! And these are US$ 60k/pair monoblocks... That's why I don't think these Burmesters you have coming will stand a chance

alexandre

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post

BTW, the dealers here keep sending different amps for me to test, but nothing beats the good ol' 108... I'm just done testing Audiopax's latest Maggiore 100 amps (100W single ended class A1 monoblocks), and while they were indeed wonderful, as soon as I put the 108 back, it was pretty clear the resolution was cranked up a notch! And these are US$ 60k/pair monoblocks... That's why I don't think these Burmesters you have coming will stand a chance

alexandre
    Hi Alexandre,

I believe the A version is the better sounding unit. The B version has an auto dc compensation feature that can be turned off for better sound and also has additional wire in the xlr circuit that can degrade the sound as well. This is why I picked the A version, plus Herve thinks it sounds better. I am curious how the 911 monos will stack up against the little 108.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post

alexandre
    alexandre,

I know my 911mk3's are not broken in yet and have a way to go before they are, but your comments about the Dartzeel 108 (especially when I use it with my Conrad Johnson GAT) are pretty spot on. I absolutely love the GAT and Dartzeel 108 combination.
    Joe

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    alexandre,

I know my 911mk3's are not broken in yet and have a way to go before they are, but your comments about the Dartzeel 108 (especially when I use it with my Conrad Johnson GAT) are pretty spot on. I absolutely love the GAT and Dartzeel 108 combination.
    Okay...i have to ask. (sorry Joe!). Once you;ve allowed everything to burn and settle in...if you are still loving your GAT/108 combo...can you monoblock the 108? Hah!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast