DartZeel NHB-108 .....

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I've been playing my Dartzeel NHB-108 on my TAD CR-1's and I am in heaven. This amp is superb, as well as the speakers. The speakers flat out disappear. Voices and instruments are just there is space. Amazing. I am happy indeed. The Dart has plenty of power and control of the CR-1's.

Joe

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I've been playing my Dartzeel NHB-108 on my TAD CR-1's and I am in heaven. This amp is superb, as well as the speakers. The speakers flat out disappear. Voices and instruments are just there is space. Amazing. I am happy indeed. The Dart has plenty of power and control of the CR-1's.

Joe

Great news!!! Enjoy!

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio

Joe

Glad to hear the NHB-108 is working well with the CR-1's. The darTZeel gear is special.

Could the NHB-18NS be in your future?

Gary

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Thanks LLoydelee21!

Hi Gary,

I have been thinking about the NHB-18NS, but I also want to try a Conrad Johnson GAT and for some reason think it will work well also. It will certainly be a while before I can do anything, but I am always looking. I think the Dart combo using the zeel connector might be better though.

Last edited:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Congrats, joe.

I'm still in awe of what my darTZeel combo is doing here, with the dCS Paganini. Unbelievable stuff.

alexandre

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Congrats, joe.

I'm still in awe of what my darTZeel combo is doing here, with the dCS Paganini. Unbelievable stuff.

alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

Thank you. My problem is I gone in too many directions and either need to sell some gear or save, save, save. Not very easy either way. :) At some point I would not even mind adding a second NHB-108 and the NHB-18NS preamp.

Jonathan Tinn,

Thanks for importing in a great product. Herve is a genius.

Joe

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Thanks LLoydelee21!

Hi Gary,

I have been thinking about the NHB-18NS, but I also want to try a Conrad Johnson GAT and for some reason think it will work well also. It will certainly be a while before I can do anything, but I am always looking. I think the Dart combo using the zeel connector might be better though.

JOE,

You are right in your thinking using the bnc connections on the dart combo, great synergy.
A definite improvement over the xlr as well as rca. I would also recommend looking into the Evolution Acoustics cables ( bnc, triple run speaker cables as well as pc's ) a nice kept secret in the cable world.
Either way, enjoy.

Gary

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
JOE,

You are right in your thinking using the bnc connections on the dart combo, great synergy.
A definite improvement over the xlr as well as rca. I would also recommend looking into the Evolution Acoustics cables ( bnc, triple run speaker cables as well as pc's ) a nice kept secret in the cable world.
Either way, enjoy.

Gary

Thanks Gary!

I had no idea about the speaker cables. Hmmmmm, something to think about.

Joe

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks LLoydelee21!

Hi Gary,

Happy to share my thoughts about GAT if you like, as i was fortunate to find one at a nice price (demo).

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Happy to share my thoughts about GAT if you like, as i was fortunate to find one at a nice price (demo).

I love Conrad Johnson gear. I had and sold an ET-5 with the intention of getting the GAT, so I understand what it can do. My ET-5 did not mate so well with my 911mk3 but extremely well with everything else I've tried. I got a little side-tracked but was ecstatic to find the Dartzeel NHB-108 amp. I am sure the Dart and the GAT will be nice. Tell me again how much you like your GAT :)

Joe

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I love Conrad Johnson gear. I had and sold an ET-5 with the intention of getting the GAT, so I understand what it can do. My ET-5 did not mate so well with my 911mk3 but extremely well with everything else I've tried. I got a little side-tracked but was ecstatic to find the Dartzeel NHB-108 amp. I am sure the Dart and the GAT will be nice. Tell me again how much you like your GAT :)

Joe

I could wax lyrical...you already know the CJ sound and particularly the newer CJ sound which combines tonal purity with extreme transparency/decay and dynamics/power in a way i did not think was possible. the newest generation of tubes i think is actually achieving this...for me, i am fortunate to have the GAT, and i feel no need to look anymore.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I could wax lyrical...you already know the CJ sound and particularly the newer CJ sound which combines tonal purity with extreme transparency/decay and dynamics/power in a way i did not think was possible. the newest generation of tubes i think is actually achieving this...for me, i am fortunate to have the GAT, and i feel no need to look anymore.

Awesome! I know how happy you are with the GAT, I just wanted to read it again :) I hope to get one before the end of the year, maybe a little sooner.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
My Burmester 911mk3 mono amps have not arrived yet, probably another month. I've been using my Dartzeel NHB-108 mostly and have given a fair amount of time to a CJ Pr. 350. I am absolutely convinced my Dart amp is probably the finest amp I've ever heard. I sit in amazement every night at how much enjoyment the Dart 108 gives me. I've been using a Burmester 077 preamp, which I think is a fine preamp, but I will eventually be trying either a CJ GAT or hopefully/eventually a Dart NHB-18NS. I believe the Dart preamp might eventually win because I think it will match better (especially with the 50 Ohm zeel connector). I like the CJ Pr 350 but the Dart 108 is so refined, so natural and pinpoint specific, I love it. It works extremely well on my TAD CR-1's, much better than I thought possible. I was worried about matching the TADs and the Dartzeel 108, but the CR-1's do not seem like a tough speaker to drive, thankfully.

Joe

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I was able to acquire a Conrad Johnson GAT preamp to mate with my Dartzeel 108. What a great combination. I absolutely love them together. I can imagine the Dartzeel preamp is superb but, I've always wanted the GAT. Everything sounds great through GAT/Dartzeel combo. Very natural, female voice especially sounds right to me.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hi Bruce,

RCA from GAT to Dart. I'm using Cardas Golden Ref. one meter IC's. I've used Transparent Super XLR's from my 077 with excellent results as well. My Dartzeel 108 is a fully up to date version A.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
RCA is the way to go, specially with version A.
Can't you send it for an update to version B?
BTW, the dealers here keep sending different amps for me to test, but nothing beats the good ol' 108... I'm just done testing Audiopax's latest Maggiore 100 amps (100W single ended class A1 monoblocks), and while they were indeed wonderful, as soon as I put the 108 back, it was pretty clear the resolution was cranked up a notch! And these are US$ 60k/pair monoblocks... That's why I don't think these Burmesters you have coming will stand a chance :D

alexandre

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY

BTW, the dealers here keep sending different amps for me to test, but nothing beats the good ol' 108... I'm just done testing Audiopax's latest Maggiore 100 amps (100W single ended class A1 monoblocks), and while they were indeed wonderful, as soon as I put the 108 back, it was pretty clear the resolution was cranked up a notch! And these are US$ 60k/pair monoblocks... That's why I don't think these Burmesters you have coming will stand a chance :D

alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

I believe the A version is the better sounding unit. The B version has an auto dc compensation feature that can be turned off for better sound and also has additional wire in the xlr circuit that can degrade the sound as well. This is why I picked the A version, plus Herve thinks it sounds better. I am curious how the 911 monos will stack up against the little 108. :)

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY

alexandre

alexandre,

I know my 911mk3's are not broken in yet and have a way to go before they are, but your comments about the Dartzeel 108 (especially when I use it with my Conrad Johnson GAT) are pretty spot on. I absolutely love the GAT and Dartzeel 108 combination.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
alexandre,

I know my 911mk3's are not broken in yet and have a way to go before they are, but your comments about the Dartzeel 108 (especially when I use it with my Conrad Johnson GAT) are pretty spot on. I absolutely love the GAT and Dartzeel 108 combination.

Okay...i have to ask. (sorry Joe!). Once you;ve allowed everything to burn and settle in...if you are still loving your GAT/108 combo...can you monoblock the 108? Hah!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing