J River Media Center version 15

Health Nut

May 26, 2010
Anyone else using J River Media Center? I haven't downloded the latest version (15) yet. I use 14 currently. So far, this is the best software I can find for a media sever, in terms of a software only solution.

I am having trouble getting 2 way feedback to work with the Phillps Pronto controller, but have not done enough trouble shooting yet.

I have a hard time believing much could beat J river Media Center installed on a silent HTPC (especially in terms of price/performance).

J River Media center is about $40.00

Nicholas Bedworth

WBF Founding Member
May 7, 2010
Maui, where else?
JRMC multiple zone feature

BTW JRMC allows one to support multiple zones, each playing different, or the same, material, simultaneously. This is also a boon for reviewers, in that one can keep several audio interfaces queued up and ready to compare just by switching inputs with the DAC remote control

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Vince, am I missing something? The link seems to point to the introduction only to the software.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Last edited:

Nicholas Bedworth

WBF Founding Member
May 7, 2010
Maui, where else?
Version 15.0 just achieved "stable" status... :) This per a promotional e-mail just received. In any event, it's a good product, and cheap.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
So I just downloaded the trial version of JRiver Media MC17 and am comparing it to the last available upgrade from MediaMonkey. I used the APP - I, Robot SHM-CD version in .flac and one thing I noticed is how much louder it plays when using MC17. Is there a reason for this?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Had it set to System Volume. Should I be changing this to Internal Volume?

In the Win Mixer it shows equal levels for both MC17 and MediaMonkey

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Done.....will compare again. Thanks Vincent!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Can't seem to resolve the difference in loudness between JRM and MediaMonkey, but I've discovered something else.

Sometimes I listen to a song and want to post the youtube video somewhere. Well, when I PAUSE the song in JRM and go to youtube to play it...there is no sound. The video plays without sound. It is only when I close JRM that the sound returns. Seems like a glitch if you ask me.

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
If you use WASAPI or ASIO, they use the audio device exclusively.
No other audio will play including system sounds!

and that is how it should be! What glorious playback!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing