Instructions needed.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
How can you get access to a site after being denied access?

Like as a guest only. ... Do you have to log out first?

Can you be 'eliminated', even from their administration, their website address & phone number?

Any computer expert here, and I can share some more.

TY :b

Last edited:

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
I am not a computer expert but serve as a Moderator on another board. We have several layers of "blocking": we can disable the username, block the user's specific IP address (often dynamic, however), or block the specific IP service.

If you have been banned, you probably want to disable any auto-login feature and see if you can just view the site. But, why would you want to? Let it go, man... :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I see ...

I was banned without any given reason. Plus I was also wronged by a moderator.
It was uncalled for, and it is the moderator who's at fault (no, that can't be?).

Don, they blocked my IP address. I'm in the dark.

I diseabled everything; I'm logged out. I cannot view the site!
Last night I spent the entire evening on the phone with my Internet service provider in trying to get help.
All we did is make things even worse because I lost access to all my other sites (in being logged).

I let go of many things in my life, but at one point the balance between fair and unfair has to be properly measured.

I understand what you're saying Don, but each situation has to be well balanced in the true context. And there is more to it than what it seems to ...

Regards & thank you,
Bob

Last edited:

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
If you like the site and have friends there, and the moderator banned you unjustly, of course you should fight. Is there a way to contact the site owner? Otherwise, it will probably be a losing battle...

One thing you could try is having others post and email the sysadmin/site owner on your behalf. That would be much stronger than your personal response, IMO.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hi Don,

Yes, this morning I talked to the main tech from the organisation, directly by phone.
I told him of the situation; and he told me what was written on his PC.
I believe he also said that he'll pass my concern to the 'Pope' (higher authority: "humor"), for who I have the greatest respect for.
And that organisation is fantastic, I love everyone over there, and ALL the members are great friends.

And I also communicated (contacted by emails) with a dozen of friend members already.
I know exactly what happened, and I know exactly why I was wronged and totally misconstrued.
It's a wrong setup from a 'twisted' mind, with an individual or two behind it in order to achieve their goal towards personal hatred (big ego).

I luv everybody, all the mods included. Bob is good with everyone and certainly don't deserve that kind of treatment, NEVER! I already paid my dues dearly in life, and the Internet should be fun and friendly! But it ain't, unbelievable! The world in true reality is not paradise on Earth, and it follows suit even in cyber space!

Thanks again Don for your support; this is exactly what I truly need. :b

Best,
Bob

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Found out that it was my fault. Well, sort of.

I was not fully open in some of my PMs with a certain member who I never trusted right from the beginning; a real nut case.
{I know, you should never lie, even to the people you dislike.}
And that nut case just sent one of my last PM to a mod (with my less than true words); just for pure hatred, because he doesn't like me (for many reasons; that is his right).
Then the mod contacted the other mods.
Then the mods contacted the Big mod.
Then they decided that my PM was offensive towards one mod.
Then now I'm banned. ...Behind the scene, from private and impossible to judge fairly, words that are written between two individuals, in their own context, over a long period of time...

End of the story; someone simply believed few written words of privacy, lies, and now he/they are surrounded by their own false interpretations.

Moral of the story: Don't communicate with people you don't trust.

Still, I did not deserve this treatment. I shouldn't have been banned.
And a fair communication should have taken place to see the real truth underneath the surface.
I should have been contacted and allowed to explain my side of the story.

The toughest part is all my energy, good contributions and all my good friends ...

Best to all,
Bob

Last edited:

MilkMan

Feb 9, 2012
We have a saying on the farm: "Let s/he who has never wronged sling the first scone!".

A mirror compliments only once you look past the flaws.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing