All Ortofon cartridges have a 600-1000 hr stylus lifetime?

bblue

Apr 26, 2011
San Diego, CA
So tell us a bit more about feickert... How do you set sra with it
The only way is with an external hardware IMD analyzer using test tones on the record that comes with it.

The software also uses the same +- notation for azimuth (stylus tilt from perpendicular), to the left (ccw) is +, to the right (cw) is - when viewed from the front.

--Bill

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I believe only the extreme profile of the Replicant 100 stylus has the short life span of around 800 - 1000 hours.

the other more normal stylus profiles have lot longer I believe.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I'll leave it to rockitman to respond accurately, but if I remember correctly we were all up in arms that they couldn't/wouldn't... and thus we would play our cartridges scarcely

I believe the stylus/cantilever can be replaced. I don't think they will do a suspension rebuild if required...Arg, this cart business..... I find it amazing I can buy 3 supremely working R2R machines, a tape pre and some music for the price of 1 MC Anna...and the R2R can deliver a sonic experience that beats that of a turntable depending on source tape quality.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have said it before on this forum and broken down the cost comparison: there is no precious metal on earth that cost more per gram than a phono cartridge. There is nothing that justifies the outrageous prices that some phono cartridges go for.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have said it before on this forum and broken down the cost comparison: there is no precious metal on earth that cost more per gram than a phono cartridge. There is nothing that justifies the outrageous prices that some phono cartridges go for.

:D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing