Otari screw on clamp NAB Hub adapters

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I have an MTR-10 that I will need the clamp on spindle type NAB hubs. I see machines for sale on ebay that have them but none that are sold separately. The revox/technics style won't work.

Does anyone have a set they want to sell or know of a place that may have a set to sell ? Please PM me the info. Thanks in advance.

U47

Apr 23, 2010
Portland, Oregon
www.reeltapes.net
otari NAB hold down clampers

I have an MTR-10 that I will need the clamp on spindle type NAB hubs. I see machines for sale on ebay that have them but none that are sold separately. The revox/technics style won't work.

Does anyone have a set they want to sell or know of a place that may have a set to sell ? Please PM me the info. Thanks in advance.

I won't guarantee that they will work, but you could try some old Ampex 350/351/440 NAB clampers. They are readily available and could work out until you find some Otari adaptors.

REB
Portland

R-2-R

Aug 10, 2010
Just throwing my two cents in here, but have you thought about maybe using nab hub adapters from an Akai reel to reel? I have read that these are probably considered the "best" nab hub adapters to use? They appear to be similiar in style like the Otari's. I can't really say that they are the best because I've never used them. I've only used Teac (which work very, very well) and customized type nab hubs adapters on my reel to reel. But whatever you do don't use or try Pioneer model PP-220 or PP-220A nab hub adapters. I've tried them and had problems with them so I just put them aside for now.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
You might try to find a pair of VIF NAB hub holdowns. They come up on Ebay once in a while. I use them and they work well.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
www.j-corder.com has the Dark lab hubs in two different styles.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
You might try to find a pair of VIF NAB hub holdowns. They come up on Ebay once in a while. I use them and they work well.

Thanks Roger. I did get a set of those on ebay and I also secured two more set's of the Otari's for both my MX 5050 and MTR 10.

Thanks Myles for the Jcorder info too. Looks lkike I won't need them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing