Used Integra 80.2 or NEW Marantz 7005-simular price...Whats your opinion??

MCLSOUND

Mar 26, 2011
Well my pre/pro just craped out and its time for a newer one.I have a Marantz UD9004 so the 7005 will match looks and I can get new one(from the same dealer as the 9004) for $1100
""OR""
a Integra 80.2 for $1200(one year old).

I had a Krell HTS 7.1 and the CC+rears started to pop in and out and then a loud squeal that I am sure took out a mid or tweeter.I will send it in for repairs but in the meantime I am going to try one of these.
Now that you all have had time to try these,any opinions?
thanks john

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I have the 80.2 and love it. Craig John and Ron Party, also members here, own it as well. Is it the very best on the market? Probably not but for the price you can buy it at, I would jump all over it.

I would also add that it does a better job of eliminating bass ringing than some unnamed units that cost tons more!!!!

And if you get this unit (or any other that has Audyssey) follow the very detailed instructions that you will find on AVS Forum. Any deviation from those setup guidelines, and you will not get what you should.

Last edited:

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I have the Integra 80.2 too and I love it too. At $1,200 I'd jump all over it. It's even got a pretty good build-in DAC if you have a music server. Connect via Toslink for good galvanic isolation, and you have a very good all-purpose system.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We have the Marantz as the front-end for our JBL Synthesis so we don't use the room EQ in it. Outside of that, the connectivity is great with balanced output and such. And sound seems fine. The one thing I don't like is the sensitive knob for input selection. We use our automation system and select inputs using iPad so it is not a problem but the knob is overly sensitive so you need to move it slowly to change inputs.

MCLSOUND

Mar 26, 2011
thanks guys
turns out the 80.2 is a refurbished model and he hasn't even usedit...now I have never bought a refurbished one before.He says its physically mint but has not hooked it up.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
thanks guys
turns out the 80.2 is a refurbished model and he hasn't even usedit...now I have never bought a refurbished one before.He says its physically mint but has not hooked it up.

If this is from a dealer, the refurb should come with some sort of warranty. As for the choice, I would (and did) pick the 80.2 but primarily for the XT32 feature. I also find its setup more accommodating.

MCLSOUND

Mar 26, 2011
Hi Kal
He said it was from his local dealer and will come with the 2yr warranty.Now I dont really need 3D at all and see a 9.8 local for $600...You ever try one of them Kal?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The Integra DHC-80.2 in a heartbeat! ...Audyssey MultEQ XT32, 32-bit DACs all around, THX Ultra2 Plus certification, ISF Video certification, Audyssey MultEQ Pro Ready, easiest menu interface in the world, solid build and quality parts, great Audio/Video performance, XLR type connections,
9.2-channel machine, toroidal engine, and so many more features (Ethernet, USB, iPod, DLNA, Internet applications, streaming, ...).

Only $1,200! It's a stellar steal of solid steel for a pre/pro with sonic style! :b

Last edited:

MCLSOUND

Mar 26, 2011
Thanks guys
I have a 9.8 in my house ,hooked up and running now.Are you saying for twice the price(picked it up for $600), the 80.2($1250) is that much better in both audio and video?
If you have went from the 9.8 to the 80.2(I believe that was your move Kal)the improvements are that much more...if so I will get the 80.2
thanks

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I believe, myself, that dual separate subwoofers calibratrion, and Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (32),
is a worthy improvement, and a justifiable $650 rise.

Plus it also has other improved features ... THX (2 Plus & Loudness +), Doby Volume, Audyssey Dynamic EQ & Volume, Audyssey DSX (Width & Height channels), improved Audyssey computational memory, Dolby Pro Logic IIz (Height channels), much better GUI, much more streaming features and improved navigation, plus plus plus ...
- It's a 9.2-channel pre/power engine, instead of a 7.1-channel one.

And for only $1,250 (DHC-80.2), I would jump on it, and discard the DTC-9.8.

* The +$650 difference is a very smart move in my honest opinion.
{And I bet Kal agrees too.}

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Thanks guys
I have a 9.8 in my house ,hooked up and running now.Are you saying for twice the price(picked it up for $600), the 80.2($1250) is that much better in both audio and video?
IMHO, yes. My 9.8 is still doing yeoman's service in a friends house so it ain't chopped liver, either. You can read my comments on the 80.2 and decide if the difference is worth the dollars to you.

Kal

MCLSOUND

Mar 26, 2011
well I will put them head to head with my group and let you know the difference..Thanks for the advice fella's!

MCLSOUND

Mar 26, 2011
Money has been sent and hopefully it will be here next wknd?? Look forward to the comparision.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing