Concept2 indoor rower

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
You're right of course, Lee. Elite athletes exist in many disciplines. I was standing the other day waiting to order my burrito, some fellow in front of me was just HUGE muscle guy. He was with his wife, both obviously coming from the gym. He was talking diet/protein/carb consumption, I butt in with "whatever you're doing obviously is working" and we ended up talking workouts. I was coming from a hard effort on the bike. He was a former professional power lifter; said something about benching 700+ lbs. It was an interesting conversation with respect for our chosen disciplines.

Professional fighting—respect to the guys who do that. I, on the other hand, was born with an abundance of fear and strong instinct for self-preservation. (Said the guy who was bombing down the road last evening at 45+mph, going through sunny / shady patches (can't see the road surface) on a bicycle wearing only a thin layer of lycra.) Thankfully, I'm still in good graces with my Guardian angels. Thanks be to God.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Quick update: took another shot at the 1 minute row today and got 4 meters more than last attempt (now 353m). So, for a brief moment in time, I'm #1 in the USA and #2 in the world for age 50-59. As a comparison, consider this event as similar to the ¼ mile in track. I sincerely pray that everyone who reads this do something good for themselves, as even an old guy like me can achieve things when a goal is set.

Lee

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Excellent Lee. Well done. You are right, of course, and I too can testify that even though we accumulate years, it does not mean we have to give up on our abilities. Granted, ther are limiting factors at play, but as I have learned so many times in life, most of our limits are self imposed. Of course, too, if someone has neglected their health for many years the road back will be steeper, but there are so many stories I see of people who've suffered type 2 diabetes being able to turn their life around, get off the medications, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Jack LeLane said: "life is an athletic event, you have to be in shape for it", and he also said "you don't have to be like me with 2 hours in the gym every day—I don't like it—but I do like the results."

Your success is motivation for me this coming Sunday and my time-trial up the mountain. I went out last night and had a bruising training ride, with 3000' of climbing. Sunday is 4900', in half the distance. I will be thinking of the tour riders in the Alps...

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Lee, have you ever done any of the in person competitions?
Where they fill a gymnasium with rowing machines and have a go at it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing