You guys have got to meet Dennis Pitzer

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Dennis is the President of the Philadelphia Area Audio Group. The group is an offshoot of the original Philadelphia Audio Society (which has gone private).

I met Dennis last year and I thought he might like to show off his system in a video report. Little did I know... he's got to be the most fanatical phile I've ever met. We are both a little nervous at first but by the time we get to the spots on the walls we are "in stride." I thought I was a loon.

The Phanatic Phile

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Peter,

I am fortunate to say i have. I was recommended to him as a referral for RHB Soundezign, a group that specializes in custom modd'ing CJ equipment. Dennis was incredibly supportive of their efforts, and was in general an extremely enthusiastic audiophile. I told him next time i am in Philly that i would definitely stop by.

thanks for the reminder, i should drop him a note to say hi. I also should drop RHB a note to get their thoughts on my CJ GAT which i am enjoying tremendously.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Very nice Peter.

I liked everything except his comments about Lloyd Walker's SST Extreme goop which I have used and would never recommend due to the way it gums up the contacts making it difficult to clean effectively or remove. Many manufacturers will not honor warranty repair work if they find this stuff on the contacts. Have you ever tried removing it from your tube pins.

Just my opinion of course but it is not a tweak that I will ever use again

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Interesting videos. I guess if his wife got really mad at him, she could rearrange his spots when he wasn't there.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Carl- you are always a hoot!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Interesting videos. I guess if his wife got really mad at him, she could rearrange his spots when he wasn't there.

Oh, that's just plain downright mean Carl :confused:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I thought the plasterers hadn't been back to finish off the job. I mean...who knew?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing