Purchased some new Magnepan 1.7s!

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
I have first hand experience with the 1.6 that changing the stands really improves the dynamics. I have gone further by replacing the original panels with acryllic sheets and moved the crossover to an outboard box.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
I have first hand experience with the 1.6 that changing the stands really improves the dynamics. I have gone further by replacing the original panels with acryllic sheets and moved the crossover to an outboard box.

Could you describe what you mean by replacing the panels? The actual drivers or the mounting boards?

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi DonH50,

I apologize for a careless mistake and for not seeing your post earlier. I had been renovating my home and did not visit WBF often. What I meant was I changed the original frames to acrylic frames. Aside from taking the crossover outboard, I changed the wiring, capacitors, and binding posts. And I also changed the lie angle of base to make the speaker fire downwards towards my seat.

Sam

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Well I am now officially a former Magnepan owner as my 1.7's just drove off with their new owner. :(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing