CES News Flash

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Micro

Im back in the ARC/Sonus room. Still best in show.

DAC 8 does Redbook only

Steve,

The ARC DAC 8 does Redbook and all the usual PCM 24 bit up to 192kHz . I am sure of it - I am just ripping some files to listen in the DAC8 :) , but already tried a few 24/176 .

My question was about the new tubed ARC REF DAC.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Oh. Yes the Reference DAC. I have pix of it front and back. Volume control just like Wadia. Can be used with or without a preamp. Dave Gordon recommends a preamp with it. Turn the volume control all the way up on the DAC and then use the preamp to control volume. Accepts all inputs and yes to your original question.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How about Bully Sound Steve? Like father like son? :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Just left the convention floor. Saw the LG 3D OLED. if you're going to see it wear diapers because you'll need it. I have said many times I am not a fan of 3D. Until now. All of 4mm thick and color that is jaw dropping. The 3D was like nothing I have ever seen. No motion artifacts and off axis 3D that can be seen way off to the side. Sony and Samsung had their OLED. Both very good but the LG clearly was the best video product there

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Steve - I do beleive that CNN or CNET or any other media outlets have nothing on you in terms reporting "on the spot". And to think no "tweets" to annoy the crap outta me! Well done, Sir! I'm lovin' this!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Steve

Thanks so very much for the blow by blow ... Now take a break Head to your hotel and relax :) ... Thanks again..

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks Steve, nothing that called to your attention regarding their sound?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
One room I forgot to mention and remains in my top 5 is Dan D'Agostino's room. His amp not only produced great sound through his Sashas but is also exquisite eye candy. Dan also had a static display of his soon to be released preamp with a gorgeous analog dial
While I have seen it twice in other shows, this time I could not even go in his room today. The door was closed and locked!!! How the heck do these people do business this way???

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
Just left the convention floor. Saw the LG 3D OLED. if you're going to see it wear diapers because you'll need it. I have said many times I am not a fan of 3D. Until now. All of 4mm thick and color that is jaw dropping. The 3D was like nothing I have ever seen. No motion artifacts and off axis 3D that can be seen way off to the side. Sony and Samsung had their OLED. Both very good but the LG clearly was the best video product there

Did it work without glasses?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing