Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Audio Expert - New Book by Ethan Winer

I think the world of audio is full of mystical beliefs. Ethan and myself are 'atheists' in the audio world--we look at hard evidence, not feelings and emotions, as tools of cognition in discovery of scientific reality.
    Although I only read a portion of one chapter (the one dealing with low frequency sound reproduction) that I was involved with as a consultant, I can't judge the whole book, even the unfinished part which I had read, but I can say that it is written in a factual, non-opinionated style.
    I think that ultimately, each reader will be able to determine that on his own. I am just one of many 'experts' which he called upon to collaborate and check the facts for accuracy. Knowing Ethan, it will be a dense, but readable, technical reference that covers just about any aspect of audio production that you could think of. I'm looking forward to its publication, and I'm sure that engineers and serious audiophiles (not audiophools) will have a strong interest in its contents.
    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
    The Best in Video & Sound My Company FaceBook Page
    My Blog www.ampexperts.com
    www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 Watts of Driving Surround Sound!

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
    I look in from time to time. But since I'm not allowed to express my opinions freely, I have little to post.

--Ethan
    Anyone should be able to freely express his opinions.

And certainly a guy like you.

Any deviation from this true concept (value of life), is pure baloney between two pieces of bread!
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Banned

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
    Anyone should be able to freely express his opinions. And certainly a guy like you.
    You'd think so, but no. I was told not to post anywhere except my own (now defunct) forum. I'm in violation even posting here now. It really boils down to this: "You can't handle the truth"

--Ethan

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Ethan

You and I both know that is far from the truth and unnecessary to post such knee jerk comments. Happy New Year to you and best of luck with your new book.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Banned
    I no longer have the email from way back then, but what part am I remembering incorrectly? As I recall, I was told to not post in any forum other than my own. If that's not the case, I'll be glad to resume posting. Please clarify.

--Ethan

Ethan

I will take this off line but will not discuss anything further on line about past issues. Let's limit the discussion of this thread to the OP.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Banned
    ^^^ Great, you have my email address. Though (last thing), I did manage to find an email from you dated March 9, 2011. Here's an excerpt:

"I am asking you that going forward any and all future postings by you be restricted solely to your dedicated expert forum"

--Ethan

Thanks Ethan. We appreciate your following the rules
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

<rolls eyes>
    sigh...
    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
    The Best in Video & Sound My Company FaceBook Page
    My Blog www.ampexperts.com
    www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 Watts of Driving Surround Sound!

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar

Post Do what's best; give love a chance of a life. ...Without frontiers.

I'm at lost; this thread is about Ethan's book...

* Now I'm going to speak my mind freely right here.

WBF is a home. A home of great people with great life values. A home for discussions and sharing and ideas and humor about everything that is best in life. And that is the exact essence of my philosophy.

There are some people here who are magnificent people. ...The best of the crop.

And for me the best also means being able to resolve past issues, no matter the derivatives...

I don't believe in condemnation; it is not constructive.
    I don't need to know about the past; I just need to know about life in the present moment now.

Mark (OP) and Ethan are obviously two friends.
    And Mark is also a great guy (I read what he had to say not only here but at other sites as well).
    I appreciate greatly what both Mark and Ethan have to say.

Steve, I have the greatest respect for you, and the more I get to know you the more I respect you. And same for your partner, the amazingly generous Amir.

We are not the lost children here; we are professional adults.

Reinventing the world, reconstructing the destruction, man made or nature made, is our survival in our own planet...
    Religions, principles, agreements, disagreements, beliefs, ... are all ephemeral in true reality.

Exposure is essential in the fortification of our basic judgements about justice and freedom.

I care about my brothers, sisters, families all over the world.
    If I don't I ain't living!

So, please, give Ethan a break, and allow him in his freedom to be himself.
    Try to put aside or behind your discords; go forward.

"The heart of a man (woman) is only as big as what his (her) soul can accomodate in its indulgence's space." - Bob

Have a heart, a big one.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast