Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Audio Expert - New Book by Ethan Winer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vinylphilemag View Post
    As a fellow author, I know how hard writing a book is...
    Tell me about it. All told the book comes in at 739 pages, including 53 pages in the three bonus chapters online. And this is with the most "dense" layout style the publisher uses. The total word count is nearly 260,000, which is equal to more than 100 typical magazine articles!

--Ethan

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Yeah Myles, buy Ethan's book.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
    Yes, and that proves I did learn something from our debate. Related, in a (pro audio) forum that has banned me off and on several times, I suggested just this morning a one-on-one as you and I did, and I mentioned that debate and this forum by name.

--Ethan
    The best, smartest, most generous, most intelligent people in history, were also the most persecuted, most insulted with the most hatred, most misunderstood, most misjudged, most misinterpreted, most misconsiderated, most disrespected, and most often banned!

Very true too.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

It sort of begs the question: Who was wrong the witches or the ones who burned them?
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friendly to one, and enemy to none.
    Benjamin Franklin

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Ronm1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregadd View Post
    It sort of begs the question: Who was wrong the witches or the ones who burned them?
    I suspect not the ones that did not float!
    A Bug!! Naa...that's a feature!!
    Cables at DAC end impedance matched. Synergistic

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    The best, smartest, most generous, most intelligent people in history, were also the most persecuted, most insulted with the most hatred, most misunderstood, most misjudged, most misinterpreted, most misconsiderated, most disrespected, and most often banned!

Very true too.
    Thank you. Somebody gets me.
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friendly to one, and enemy to none.
    Benjamin Franklin

They went straight to Hell! ...Them burners, the condemnators.

... I am close to certain you can get a reviewer copy at no or little cost.
    How about it Ethan?
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    How about it Ethan?
    This is not my decision. If you have reviewer credentials, contact the publisher Focal Press and ask them for a review copy. If you'd like a contact person there, email me from my site http://www.ethanwiner.com and I'll send you the phone and email for the appropriate person.

But really - and I say this with all the respect you are due - based on your posting history I can't imagine you'd appreciate my book or understand its intent, or say nice things about it. Can you convince me otherwise?

--Ethan

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Frantz: If only reductionism worked in the real world!
    +100 Myles, complex issues can not be reduced to simplistic approaches.

But having said this, I would like to apologise to Ethan fro my truculence in the thread that is now closed. There are more polite & better ways to debate than that. My only excuse is that I had builders in at the time & now that they are gone, I realise what stress I was under with their work style (I won't go into it but they did next to nothing when I wasn't watching them). Anyway, I don't apologise for what I said, just how I said it - I probably took out my frustration on Ethan.
    Manufacturer digital products www.Ciunas.biz
    "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast