What country has the best beer?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I am enjoying a Valentins Premium Hefeweissbier Dunkel - Germany, not bad at all!

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
USA then Belgium.

Cheers!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Economist magazine thinks it's Belgium.

http://www.economist.com/node/21541708

But other than Stella, which is my favorite beer, I think Belgian beers are too creative.

I think lots of beers are too creative. I just want beer in my beer. I don’t want any fruit flavors, honey, or any other foo-foo ingredients in my beer. It’s kind of like flavored coffees in that I’m certain that people who drink flavored coffees are not true coffee drinkers. I stand behind those people in line at Starbucks all the time. “I’ll have a cinnamon dolce caramel frappuccino with goat milk please.”

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
My goto Import is Pilsner Urquell. Have been drinking it for decades, and so far no other beer has been able to take its spot.

caesar

May 30, 2010
I think lots of beers are too creative. I just want beer in my beer. I don’t want any fruit flavors, honey, or any other foo-foo ingredients in my beer. It’s kind of like flavored coffees in that I’m certain that people who drink flavored coffees are not true coffee drinkers. I stand behind those people in line at Starbucks all the time. “I’ll have a cinnamon dolce caramel frappuccino with goat milk please.”

I know what you mean. My mother in law offered me strawberry shortcake green tea recently when we were visitng. I asked for plain old black tea. She didn't have any!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I know what you mean. My mother in law offered me strawberry shortcake green tea recently when we were visitng. I asked for plain old black tea. She didn't have any!

Just what every man would want-some strawberry shortcake green tea.

thuffman03

Mar 26, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
I used to think it was a tie between England and Germany. But as the years have gone and more microbrews have popped up in the USA I have to say that we here in America have some of the best beers in the world.

Justav

Jan 2, 2011
SF, CA

More details here:
http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/05/20/travel/20beer.html

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing