What country has the best beer?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The UK by a mile. But don't judge their beer by the sludge they ship to us Yanks :( Over there, the beer is sensational and one has to really go to some of the breweries to get the real deal!!!

I will also say that some of the microbrews that had in Denver at RMAF were superb and the ROH was up to 9-10 pct. for some of them.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I remember several years ago in Paris while strolling the Champs Elysees we stopped at a local bistro for a beer. The host recommended one called Diablo which according to him had the highest alcohol content of any beer (15% alcohol). I had two on that hot day and was out of touch with reality for several hours :)

Was that good Steve? :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
If you ever find yourself in the Province of Quebec, Canada, be sure to check out their local micro-breweries. Be forewarned however, they have a tendency to produce higher alcohol-content brews, which is not something I'm personally fond of.

That little intro brings up Canada as a whole. And while not traditionally recognized as a world-class beer producing nation (the Europeans will always hold that distinction), it does produce some outstanding brews that are well worth trying out, if they happen to be available where you live.

My hometown. :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Molson Golden
Labatt's Blue
Carling Black Label
are 3 that come to mind John

There are about 3,000 more...

Here in British Columbia, on Vancouver Island, near Victoria, we have some very fine beer;
and several brands. :b ...We brew our own.

We also have some excellent wines.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Belgium was mentioned by the OP...Stella Artois anyone? When I lived in Holland I was unfortunately too young to imbibe in the many great Belgian beers when we went there (about 1/2hr drive).

Fine Lager; used to be my brand for several years.

* Brad Pitt's beer.

beek

Beers

I remember several years ago in Paris while strolling the Champs Elysees we stopped at a local bistro for a beer. The host recommended one called Diablo which according to him had the highest alcohol content of any beer (15% alcohol). I had two on that hot day and was out of touch with reality for several hours :)

Have to disagree there are 2 Scottish kids? who have a microbrewery that won the prize last year for the strongest beer in the world it went for a grand a bottle, they only made 1000 bottles and it was I believe 55proof and sold out instantly to beer freaks.
Each bottle was taxidermied into a little animals body, they did all the science & found out after that proof its not beer anymore, wish I had some. After that Samiclaus is pretty tough at 28P & there is a German brewery cant remember the name that I had that has one thats not much less proof. I am an admitted Beer Freak & have had about 300 brews from around the world. :p:p

It was much easier in the day when you could just throw a bottle in your suitcase while traveling.....

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Heineken? ...Exactly the same as Horsepiss! ...No difference whatsoever. :b

Hey, hey!:p I never said it was the best beer...the thread is about nations producing the best beer. And while many may not agree, Heineken is in fact the most popular imported beer in the world. While connoisseurs may turn up their noses at the popularity of this beverage, the fact remains that TheNetherlands is a giant amongst beer-producing nations.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Here in NY there has been a big flux of Russian & Polish brews lately, guess some of the small european brewers are tryin to push their wares here.

I can't recall the brands off the top of my head, but I like the Polish beers quite a bit. Will look for some Russian brews next time as I haven't tried any so far.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
John, I was simply making a joke; true nonetheless... :b

And Bill, 40 years ago, I was drinking mainly draft (in the taverns; Montreal, Quebec, Canada).
{I was also working for a beer brewerie and distributor back then; Molson/Laurentide.}

Remember Dow beer?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
John, I was simply making a joke; true nonetheless... :b

And Bill, 40 years ago, I was drinking mainly draft (in the taverns; Montreal, Quebec, Canada).
{I was also working for a beer brewerie and distributor back then; Molson/Laurentide.}

Remember Dow beer?

And Kingsbeer? My Dad worked at the O'Keefe Brewery on Peel St. in Montreal in the mid-70's redoing the design of all of their piping.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing