Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet Radio

Site Founder And Administrator amirm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John72953 View Post
    Admittedly, and I'm somewhat ashamed by it, I need to confess that I haven't listened to radio in years...not even my car.
    I don't use radio much for music given the fact that I can play my large collection from a USB thumb drive. But do listen NPR for their news and programming plus a high quality local talk show that covers local events. They are especially handy on longer trips we make to our vacation house.
    Amir
    Founder, Madrona Digital Audio, Video, Home Automation
    Contributing Editor, Widescreen Review Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by amirm View Post
    Enjoying it indeed! Is it a 70s station? That is what they are playing just now.
    Hello, Amir. They play a mix of 60's, 70's and some 80's music. The thing I like about them is that they don't stick to what was popular on the charts. They seem to stick to the great music during that time period. One, right after the other. I have been a fan of this station for well over a decade. Maybe two, as it's been that long since I discovered it.

The only sell out I have experienced from them is that in the mornings, they now have some sort of a talk show. It didn't used to be like this. It used to be that they were the only station out there that would play music, non-stop. Well, with commercials but you know what I mean. Another thing I enjoy about them is that while they might speed up the music, they don't make it seem like you are listening to it on fast-forward.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Quote Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
    Has anyone tried Mog? I've heard users rave about it. The only thing is that to try their free (ad supported) service, you must login with your Facebook account. They share stuff on your Facebook account, so just to try it out, I don't want to risk that.
    Hi,

I subscribe to Pandora (pay version), MOG, and Spotify. I love Pandora and prefer MOG over Spotify. MOG and Spotify stream at 320K and can sound really good. Even Pandora at 192K for the pay version is wonderful. I've discovered so many new artists this way. It's great.

Joe

As a jazz fan living in a rural state, Internet Radio has saved me. I love jazzradio.com for its variety of jazz genres but mostly listen to jazz24.org as it has a better quality stream at no charge.
    Main:

Yamaha RX-V990
    Onkyo C-S5VL
    Technics SL-QL1
    Celestion DL-8 Series II

Secondary:

Marantz PM8004
    Marantz CD 6004
    Denon DP-23F
    NHT SuperOne

Site Founder And Administrator amirm's Avatar
    Streaming radio is one of the unsung heroes of the Internet. It personifies "place shifting" where you can listen to your favorite station from anywhere.

Mark Cuban, the billionaire owner of Dallas Mavericks made his fortune in this area because he convinced Yahoo of this potential long before the economics made sense, and sold his company to them for nearly $6 billion dollars! The company had just a few million dollars in revenue!!! Oh, the crazy days of dot com boom.....
    Amir
    Founder, Madrona Digital Audio, Video, Home Automation
    Contributing Editor, Widescreen Review Magazine

It is actually a broadcast station but available online for free. Donations are encouraged http://www.wpfwfm/org

The playlist can be seen here. Primarily Jazz.

Don't Forget The Blues is playing currently.
    Science should strive to make a perfect product instead of tryingr to convince me that it already has.

I hang my head in shame. Just plain old unfashionable iTunes radio, I record programs with Radiolover and put them on my mac mini and ipod. Listen a bit almost every day with some kind of headphone and at the gym.

I'm tired of brain hurt from all the smart phone and digital media crap that has become the new cutting edge vogue. It seems like whirling dervish madness, since everything will be replaced in a year.

My wife and I went off the grid t internet or cell phones for a few days. It was refreshing.

Mornin', fellas. For those interested in internet radio, you might want to check out radio paradise. Even if you are not interested in internet radio, you may want to check out radio paradise. Enjoy.

www.radioparadise.com

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

I'm also a fan of Pandora, and Radio paradise. Radiotime.com is an aggregator of streaming stations used by several music servers (including Sonos, Autonomic Controls, and Nuvo) which can also be accessed from any PC.

Spotify allows you to listen to any song, at any time, if it's in their catalog. Free version is commercial supported, and $10/mo is commercial free. When I tried the paid version a year or so ago, I found their catalog lacking, but tried it again recently and was surprised to find more selections.

I'd like to plug WTMD, a public radio station (no commercials) out of Towson, MD. 'Radio for Music People,' they offer quite a mix of cutting edge indie, classic rock (think Steely Dan), and some 50s and 60s. Streaming online at WTMD.org. Similar mix to Radioparadise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12