Kudos to Dantax Radio A/S maker of Raidho speakers

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
It isn't rare but certainly not common for a high-end manufacturer to go way beyond their duty to fulfill customer service. Dantax Radio A/S maker of the Raidho C series speakers from Denmark that had been receiving hardly any press coverage up to now had out done themselves to please one of their minor customers in US, me.

Raidho C1.0s were one of the best sounding speakers in audio shows of last couple of years along with MBL 101Es, in my opinion. The first time I heard the Raidho C1.0s was at the RMAF in the Nordost room being driven by modest electronics. I kept going back to the room and lurking back of the cable demo room trying to find out the details about the speakers.

The C1.0s didn't disappoint me in my own room when it finally arrived early last year. However, as a pickier than normal person, the slight wrinkly surface condition of the tweeters that were made of special plastic material bothered me. Although the tweeters performed properly, I didn't think a pair of $13K speakers ($16K with stands) should develop any flaws in such a short time.

To make a long story short, I ended up sending the speakers back to Denmark for warranty repair. Then I received a happy new year message yesterday from the factory with a note saying that instead of repairing my C1.0s, they are sending me a brand new model C1.1s that will be introduced at the CES next week.

If you happen to go to the CES, you should drop by the Nordost room and Raidho room to give C1.1s a critical listen. You might share my enthusiasm.

Ki

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Heard that set-up

at RMAF '09. I would agree with your perceptions and assessment regarding Raidho loudspeakers and customer support...very cool, indeed.

Happy New Year, Ki!
:cool:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
OK

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing