Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Very happy first time customer of tc tubes. Just got a great pair of NOS Tung-sol 56 triodes. Great service.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Thank you for the feedback, jazdoc. ;)

Tom

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
A large number of the links in the first post are now dead. It might be worth pruning the list?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Hello and good evening to you, rbbert. That's not good. Please allow me some time to figure out what is going on with them. Will update those that I can. Thanks for letting me know.

Tom

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011

cpvniii

Sep 29, 2013
Brent Jesse

I have been buying tubes for audio equipment for over 3 decades. Brent is the most knowledgable fellow I have
ever dealt with. 100% satisfaction every time. If I missed him on the list apologies.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have been buying tubes for audio equipment for over 3 decades. Brent is the most knowledgable fellow I have
ever dealt with. 100% satisfaction every time. If I missed him on the list apologies.

He must be good that after almost 3 years of being a member you make your first post ;). Kudos to you and to Brent

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
He's on the list in at least 2 places (web site and email address), and I think (based on what I read) he is held in generally high esteem.

cpvniii

Sep 29, 2013
Thanks

He must be good that after almost 3 years of being a member you make your first post ;). Kudos to you and to Brent

I have been reading off and on for some time. This forum and Computer Audiophile may be the two best forums going at this time.
I was in the business as a shop owner for 6 years. I took a sabbatical from all things audio for a couple of years after I closed my shop.
Atlanta is a great movie/multi-channel market but it is a below average 2 channel market for the population of the area. I have NO regrets though.
I met some great folks and I learned a lot from my suppliers and my customers.

This forum, even when testy personalities with strong opinions are bloviating, is very interesting and usually enlightening. I enjoy reading it and
hope that it continues to prosper. Listening to 'music' is a noble use of time ! So is reading "What's Best Forum".

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Just adding here that there's a flash sale (24h) on NOS tubes at tubedepot which I have used to get tubes for my DIY SET Amp.

As I have already posted a link in another thread in this sub-forum, I am not doing so here but do check it out.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Just adding here that there's a flash sale (24h) on NOS tubes at tubedepot which I have used to get tubes for my DIY SET Amp.

As I have already posted a link in another thread in this sub-forum, I am not doing so here but do check it out.

Thank you!!

I just ordered 10 NOS-6DJ8-JAN as driver tubes for my amps. Savings of $ 200.

Over the years I have had only good experience with this vendor.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Thank you!!

I just ordered 10 NOS-6DJ8-JAN as driver tubes for my amps. Savings of $ 200.

Over the years I have had only good experience with this vendor.

Well done, Al. Those savings are what my DAC cost! Incroyable ! Good for you!

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
I used to order from thetubestore but four small preamp tubes cost almost as much as outfitting a 100 watt EL34 amp, so I kept looking this time.

Been 8-years since I last ordered but rarely turned on the stereo between 2013-2019.

Anyway I found VivaTubes, a half dozen folks on the Candian audio mart forum had good experiences, good enough for me.

Out of MA (USA) 7,000 SF warehouse with over a million tubes in it.

I like the website, matched pairs, matched quads, matches sets of 5-6-8 all photoed, priced and test data numbers published.

https://www.vivatubes.com/

Oh, and the best part is I saved $100, they are about 40% less than thetubestore and the tubedepot.

I went to several other websites of respected favorites mentioned, all too expensive or too limited in selection.

I did not want to spend +$400 for 4 small tubes, did not want to spend $270 either, got it for $170-ish.

Hope this works out, everything is a risk.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
Found another new one that looks interesting, cannot vouch for their claim below.

https://www.bangybang.com/

Quote:
Home to the largest collection of US vacuum tubes in the world......End Quote.

They seem to have a nice looking mixing studio as well, and oddly will sell you a Persian carpet too.

I found them by doing a Google image search on a PC900 tube, listed as the tube supplier for Walmart, that's right - Walmart.

I might get these.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Vintag...-Triode-VHF-TV-Valve-BangyBang-Tube/409567067

I suggest using Google as your tube searcher with them (ie bangybang PC900) as it has no search tool I could find.

They seem to post a lot of tube goods on ebay and Amazon, so maybe those are the better search engine.

Last edited:

Mendel

Feb 13, 2012
GTA
Found another new one that looks interesting, cannot vouch for their claim below.

https://www.bangybang.com/

Quote:
Home to the largest collection of US vacuum tubes in the world......End Quote.

They seem to have a nice looking mixing studio as well, and oddly will sell you a Persian carpet too.

I found them by doing a Google image search on a PC900 tube, listed as the tube supplier for Walmart, that's right - Walmart.

I might get these.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Vintag...-Triode-VHF-TV-Valve-BangyBang-Tube/409567067

I suggest using Google as your tube searcher with them (ie bangybang PC900) as it has no search tool I could find.

They seem to post a lot of tube goods on ebay, so maybe that is the better search engine.

There are some long running threads about Bangy bang tubes on Tube Asylum. Apparently not the most honest or honourable tube seller. I have not dealt with them myself.

Reactions: kach22i

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing