Tube Manufacturing

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I am still waiting for Murano-glass tubes... they are said to add more, ahem, color, to the sound :)

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Great video Myles. As much art as science in the making of those beauties.

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Impressive. Really hand made. I have to get an amplifier using 845's! :)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I am always impressed that they (well some tubes) can hold their tolerances sample to sample as well as they do.

Tom

It is really fascinating. I think that most of their constancy is due to geometrical symmetry of the tube around the flat cathode. Most of the small imbalances in the electrical characteristics due to off-center placement cancel when they are summed for both sides. But we can easily admit, that as this effects are not totally linear with space, more perfect tubes will have better characteristic curves. It is really an wonderful device!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Myles. A friend of mine passed this video on to me and it's right up the alley with this thread. It's an old school film, thought you might enjoy it. [33 minutes long, FYI so reserve some time to watch it in its entirety]

http://www.mullardtubes.com/Video.aspx

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hello, Myles. A friend of mine passed this video on to me and it's right up the alley with this thread. It's an old school film, thought you might enjoy it. [33 minutes long, FYI so reserve some time to watch it in its entirety]

http://www.mullardtubes.com/Video.aspx

Thanks, posted that one here a while ago :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing