MI 4 - Ghost Protocol

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw this a few days ago with my family and it is as thrilling and exciting as expected from past MI movies. It doesn't run out of 'impossible situations'. ;) What got me though was the Russian choral with orchestra that blared in when sights of Moscow was shown on the screen. Glorious music. Great movie.

Last edited:

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Saw it yesterday, definitely the best of the franchise. Worth seeing on the big screen.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here's the Kremlin scene soundtrack. I can almost picture the Soviet military parade of the 70s and 80s with this music.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Another great sound track reminiscent is the Hans Zimmer soundtrack for the movie "Crimson Tide".

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
HI

Went to see it and was very pleased ... Good actions, decent acting, somewhat contrived but ultimately satisfying plot. A good romp.. That is what movies are also about: escape ..

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
nice to hear people enjoy the movie too. maybe 5 more years and we will have MI 5. :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just saw the movie on an Imax screen...lots of fun. Let me tell you, when Cruise steps out over the edge of the 124th floor of the Burj, you really get a sense of vertigo!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just saw the movie on an Imax screen...lots of fun. Let me tell you, when Cruise steps out over the edge of the 124th floor of the Burj, you really get a sense of vertigo!

on IMAX, i believe it will!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
In the opening scene when you are flying over Budapest, i can imagine on a tv screen you barely even register it...it only lasts for 5 seconds. In the Imax, my girlfriend leaned over and said she felt like she was in a helicopter actually flying over the city. The perspective was lifesized. Lots of fun for an action flick.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In the opening scene when you are flying over Budapest, i can imagine on a tv screen you barely even register it...it only lasts for 5 seconds. In the Imax, my girlfriend leaned over and said she felt like she was in a helicopter actually flying over the city. The perspective was lifesized. Lots of fun for an action flick.

you must be referring to the imax dome and not the imax flat screen. yeah, i once saw an imax movie in san diego and indeed it felt that way, like you're above sea water and actually flying...cool stuff. over here, we only have imax flat screen.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
you must be referring to the imax dome and not the imax flat screen. yeah, i once saw an imax movie in san diego and indeed it felt that way, like you're above sea water and actually flying...cool stuff. over here, we only have imax flat screen.

I think that's right yes. The screen was very curved.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I must be a tough reviewer because I saw the film last night and although I would give it a "thumb's up" I didn't go gaga over it like many of the reviewers. Special effects were uncanny but the story line was just so far fetched that it gave me some moments of pause to catch my breath. In one moment they are in a skyscraper in Dubai and the next in Mumbai India. I was still trying to figure out how he knew to go to India

Definitely worth seeing but I felt there were better films in the MI installment of 4 films.

BTW, Tom Cruise is starting to look slightly aged. I think he owns the MI franchise and serves as executive producer

If there was one thing however that truly stood out for me in the movie was the BMW prototype car Cruise was driving. I think it is even called The Ghost to go with the movie title. Seems to be made on the M6 chassis

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Steve I am with you an escape movie nothing that redefine the art of movie-making .. The kind of movie you go see with the family, then forget it until you , again pull up the BD and forget it for another 10 years :) .. I didn't like any of the previous MI movies, for the record

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
One of the reasons for my son and I to see it was the BMW "parade" :)
We are both fans

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

There is one car I like in the whole BMW line-up the M3 .. else they leave me cold ... more o a Lexus person in the realm of Luxury cars ..

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I must be a tough reviewer because I saw the film last night and although I would give it a "thumb's up" I didn't go gaga over it like many of the reviewers. Special effects were uncanny but the story line was just so far fetched that it gave me some moments of pause to catch my breath. In one moment they are in a skyscraper in Dubai and the next in Mumbai India. I was still trying to figure out how he knew to go to India

Definitely worth seeing but I felt there were better films in the MI installment of 4 films.

BTW, Tom Cruise is starting to look slightly aged. I think he owns the MI franchise and serves as executive producer

If there was one thing however that truly stood out for me in the movie was the BMW prototype car Cruise was driving. I think it is even called The Ghost to go with the movie title. Seems to be made on the M6 chassis

Hi Steve,

Fair critiques. To be honest, I went for the action, special effects and to see it on the Imax which i admit was a bit of fun in its own right. As for why Dubai to Mumbai, i believe that Tom Cruise went to go see one of his sources in Dubai by himself (leaving the team in the hotel room). I think it was that source who picked up that the Russian TC had been chasing had done a major wire transfer with an Indian billionaire who owned his own satellite feed...the equipment that was specifically needed for launch, since the Russian already had the bomb and the codes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing