Tympani 1D panel repairs

Loco57

Dec 1, 2011
Melbourne Australia
I have a pair of Magnepan Tympani1D speakers that require the bass mid range panels to be replaced or repaired the two tweeter panels were already replaced with new units some years back and the speakers have been packed up since.

does anyone have any recommendations as to Who and where I would be able to get these repaired or replaced in Australia? I would also like to replace the crossovers in the speakers as well as changing the wiring configuration to a direct panel connection in place of the plug in style between the separate panels.

I remember the speakers being very open and it is really a pity to just leave them sit as they are I had some months back made arrangments to have the work done by a local shop and when I chased them up the price increased by 30% over what was originally quoted.

Any suggestions would be welcomed, thank you.

nickbojko

Dec 15, 2011
contact magnepan they did mine in the 90's,back then $800 all panels replaced,give them a call,the speakers are worth it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing