Slow Forum Response

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We have noticed that our forum response is slow at times, with pages timing out occasionally. Are you experiencing the same? If so, can you indicate who your ISP is? We have been told this is a problem with Comcast connection to the Internet Backbone at Level3. We want to verify this by seeing if the problem is seen by others not going through Comcast.

Appreciate any feedback :).

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
At times there is a very marked delay for me Down Under, the ISP here is Dodo, seems to be related at least some of the time to someone updating the same page I'm trying to access. Not enough to really worry me, though at times it has timed out when attempting to Reply: I've learned to save the contents of postings before submitting, just in case!

Frank

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
No, Amir, if anything it's a bit better at the moment; over that time frame you mention I haven't noticed any problems.

Frank
OK, make some room for us. We are all going to come over to use Australia to use the forum! :D

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
It was remarkably fast the couple times that I was able to log on in China. But in the office, where I don't use Comcast (it's a Qwest - or whatever it's called now - network) it times out a couple of times yesterday and today. First time I've come on at home (Comcast at home) since I got back, and I haven't had any slowdowns.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Was very slow the past two days but it's back to normal right now ..ISP is Comcast

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Testing :)

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
OK, for no apparent reason this morning, first thing, trying to check latest postings it was timing out over and over again, took ages to get this message box up. I've never seen it this bad, maybe they're fiddling with settings for your side of the world, and a side result is upsetting things for down here ...

Frank

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing