Spectral DMA 160

phaeton

Nov 13, 2010
Hi again, writing a lot today :)

I currently own a DMA100, and I was looking for an used DMA200S or DMA260, but unfortunately they seem to be very very very rare on the secondhand market at least here in EU.

Now I've been offered an used DMA160S in quite mint condition. I would like to know how it can be compared in terms of dynamics (most important for me) and timbre to the 200S (which I like a lot) or the 260 (which I adore).

the pre will be an 30SL G2

best regards
mike

jackusi

Dec 18, 2011
Thank you. Same to you !
Is Spectral back in UK? Did you buy it abroad?
Can I call you. Iam in Spain and looking for some advise on new Spectrals

ougo

Jul 7, 2011
Hello,

An alternative are the DMA 80M. These blocs are really good, soft and "strongly" alive.
I used it on a pair of JBL K2 S5500 with great success and today with the bigger K2 S9500 (four 14' and a 2' horn). I compared it to the 360 when I was using the K2 S5500 and decided to keep the 80M.
Now, with the 9500, I will probably move to 360.

Best
Ugo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing