Adele: Live at Royal Albert Hall

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Just tested both and they play. Anyone else have trouble?

Amir, like John, when I click on [ > ] Play, it says:
This video contains content from Beggars, who has blocked it in your country
on copyright grounds.
:(

* Should Canadians move to the USA? :b

Is this it?

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir, like John, when I click on [ > ] Play, it says:
This video contains content from Beggars, who has blocked it in your country
on copyright grounds.
:(
There must be some rights issue as this is an official video as opposed to user contributed.

* Should Canadians move to the USA? :b
No need. We will be annexing you soon, turning you into a new state. :D

Is this it?

That is it.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
On second thought, her hair is different than in the BD version. So even though it starts with the same song, it must be from a different concert.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I am confused, but you're right, her hair is different.
- And when I checked from where I took the video; it says:
Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall 2011.
But the venue don't look as big as this video here below (or maybe not),
and you can clearly see the difference in her hair.

I like this tune:

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
There must be some rights issue as this is an official video as opposed to user contributed.

No need. We will be annexing you soon, turning you into a new state. :D

That is it.

Hi Amir:

Don't forget to mention the additional annexation taxes for our future State of Canada...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Anyway, I'm moving to Dubai, of the United Arab Amirates...

Not much into annexation, and neither a 'state' type of guy.

* State, as in solid state (electronics). In Canada where winter is cold, tubes are nice. :b

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I am confused, but you're right, her hair is different.
- And when I checked from where I took the video; it says:
Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall 2011.
But the venue don't look as big as this video here below (or maybe not),
and you can clearly see the difference in her hair.
I think you are right that they must have recorded it from different nights.

I like this tune:

It is a delightful song and one of my favorites to be sure.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Which video are we talking about? (repost, please)...because I can access the ones pposted so far.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Bad news guys. Watched this on our reference theater at work. The picture quality is average at best. The encoding is poor with contouring on her face. Focus is not always sharp. Noise can be bad. And the bed sheet they use as a backdrop as wrinkled as ever. So get this for the music and overall experience but not picture quality. Darn it. Lee was right on this too :).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's because your projector's too good :D

I watched the Youtube HD video (ripped to PC) on my Pioneer Elite Plasma, and I thought that both the audio and video were great.
:)

It looked great on my 55 incher from 15 feet away too. But boy, at the same distance on 17 foot screen, it was an entirely different matter!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
As long as it's not a complete disaster, I don't mind if the PQ has some issues since I buy Blu-ray Concerts for the AQ anyway. David Gilmour's "Remember That Night" didn't get rave PQ reviews, but I've watched (listened) to it more than any other BD in my collection.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It certainly qualifies as such and I am sure good step up from DVD in picture quality. The combination of audio and video and surround really generates a new experience relative to the CD.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
As long as it's not a complete disaster, I don't mind if the PQ has some issues since I buy Blu-ray Concerts for the AQ anyway. David Gilmour's "Remember That Night" didn't get rave PQ reviews, but I've watched (listened) to it more than any other BD in my collection.

I specifically bought the David Gilmour Blu Ray after reading how good the audio was on the disc.I checked and it's 24/48 audio Dolby Tru HD. If only they could have made Pulse sound as good? LOL I will look for Adele tomorrow. Royal Albert Hall is a nice concert hall. It's in the Kensington district IIRC?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I don't understand why they don't use 24/96 or 24/88 for Blu-rays.
In particular for music video concerts.

* Very few BDs are encoded at 24/96 (less than a fraction of 1%)!

** DVD-Audio used to be encoded at 24/96 for the multichannel audio,
and even at 24/192 for the Stereo track on some of them.

Now we are going backward, and people in the recording music business don't care anymore about audiophiles and the general higher fidelity of music reproduction. This world is driven by the dollar sign, and anything that is not streamed and of better sounding quality is prohibitively costly.
Just look at the prices of some LPs, and look at the decadence of hard physical software mediums like CDs, SACDs, DVD-Audios, DADs, ...

And they could have done a better job on the video portion of Adele.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
While Eagle Rock generally does a wonderful job with their concerts, most are still only 1080i, which I find a little frustrating....but I can live with it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing