Adele: Live at Royal Albert Hall

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Thanks gentlemen, for answering my question. Sounds like I may not be wasting my money with the BD. Think I'll give it a whirl. I do love a good concert in my living room. This young lady's CD has only been in the rig twice. Once to discover a really bad recording and once more to provide my observations. It would be nice to get such talent to sound decent in my rig, rather than in the truck.

Keep us posted on how you find the quality. I have yet to hear it on our big system at work. I was travelling and just got home. Wanted to go to the showroom and we have snow!!!

Hello, Amir. Just a quick update. I got it in today [Adele, LIVE at the Royal Albert Hall] and I will be offering my observations as soon as I get a chance to watch it. Up first? A whole boatload of new music that I have been yearning to listen too.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Sounds good! FYI, I put the CD in my car and listened to it over, and over and over again. Bad idea. Now I can't listen to it anymore :(.

welwynnick

Mar 13, 2011
I haven't got the Blu-ray yet, but the concert was on SkyHD yesterday here in the UK. The whole family were transfixed. That's a wonderful venue, a career high for ANY performer, and she seemed so confident.

What I really enjoyed was it was much better recorded than the CD - which is tragic, and suffers from the 21st century disease. It doesn't always work out with concerts, but I think TV & film-makers often get it right more than recording engineers these days.

Chasing Pavements was always my favourite.

Nick

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I haven't got the Blu-ray yet, but the concert was on SkyHD yesterday here in the UK. The whole family were transfixed. That's a wonderful venue, a career high for ANY performer, and she seemed so confident.

What I really enjoyed was it was much better recorded than the CD - which is tragic, and suffers from the 21st century disease. It doesn't always work out with concerts, but I think TV & film-makers often get it right more than recording engineers these days.

Chasing Pavements was always my favourite.

Nick

Great song, but this just does me in....

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
My wife and I watched this concert last night. LOVED IT. What a voice and I thought the recording was excellent.

But unlike listening to the same music on CD, watching AND listening to it on a Bluray, I am much more involved in the overall performance and less on just the music. And any audio reproduction shortcomings I might have not have liked on a CD were more than overcompensated for by enjoying the performance. Bluray concerts are very enjoyable

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---I too agree with the last few comments regarding the hi def visual experience, mixed with the
hi res audio surround sound provided by a good quality Music concert video on Blu-ray.

The emotional impact is just more THERE, present, tears rolling down the stairs of heaven ....

Music all by itself is great, but it just ain't complete.
Do you ever go to a live musical concert and without seeing what's on stage? :b

* I wish that they could add hi def visuals to all of my SACDs. :b ...LPs? ;)
....I simply IMAGINE.

No such imagination with a good Music concert Audio/Video on Blu-ray.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Let me weigh in. I have listened to this wonderful disc on a fairly high caliber multi channel system. Artistically, the content is of course phenomenal (no weak tracks indeed). As for sound quality, the ambiance of the venue is captured beautifully - it is a true immerseive "being there" experience. My only complaint is a slight edginess on some of the high range vocals. This is a recording deficiency because I don't have this issue with other very well recorded female vocal material on blu ray. Another subtle critcism is she is not very generous in acknowledging her co-musicians. Case in point, she does not acknowledge she actually co wrote "someone like you with David Wilson". Love the royal F%*&^ng Albert Hall comment!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing