Magico Q7

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Roysen,

I didn't knew you were able to customise the colour of the Q7. What are the available options, and is there an extra cost to it?

thanks,
alexandre

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes, I will keep you informed. I think bi-amping with two different amplifiers from the same brand also is a big risk. That is why I only start this setup with the Dynaudio Arbiters and then I will need to carefully audition if I feel the need to bi-amplify. If I think there is a need, a careful audition in my system is a must.

Perhaps I am wrong, as my memories of the Arbiter are almost 20 years old, but I think it had a high gain - around 30 dB, very unique. How will you manage to use it another brand power amplifier, as most modern designs have gains around 26dB? Will you use an active crossover?

I have tried by-amping with the Aida's, that are tri-wired, but it was only successful using two amplifiers of the same model.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Perhaps I am wrong, as my memories of the Arbiter are almost 20 years old, but I think it had a high gain - around 30 dB, very unique. How will you manage to use it another brand power amplifier, as most modern designs have gains around 26dB? Will you use an active crossover?

I have tried by-amping with the Aida's, that are tri-wired, but it was only successful using two amplifiers of the same model.

There will be no external crossover. I might also not end up bi-amplifying my Q7s. Issues like that needs to be tried out. It might also be possible to ask the manufacturer of the second amplifier to adjust their amps gain to match the Arbiter. In case of the darTZeel NHB-458s, they have a user-selectable gain of 26db or 32db.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..and you could buy a decent pair of speaker cables with the $60K savings

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
a happy new year to you Roysen, a nice startup for a good year...

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Yes, the other two systems will be tri-amplified. One with the new upcoming top model from Tidal Audio. The other with Rockport Technologies Arrakis 2 and most likely a pair of Wilson Thor's Hammer.

How do you choose which cd to play on which set? Ah...life can be hell hihi :p

stereo

Sep 1, 2012
The retail price of the Q7 is now USD $185K. It includes the color of your choice from these six options in Magico's M-Cast range: http://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet/vennetra-der-hifimerker/66482-magico-4.html#post1496809
Good choice Roysen: I just saw one pair of S5 in M-cast finish, it is very nice. Unfortunately the option was not available yet on the Q series when I ordered my Q1, otherwise I would have gone for it. Great that Magico moves away from "black only", and gives now a range of different colors at same price!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Roysen,

Did you pay the new price to get the custom finish, or were you able to get it at the old price?

alexandre

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
My order was made before the price increase. A mistake by the dealer lead to the order not being processed until the M-Cast colors were available. As a compensation I got to choose a different color for the orignal price.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing