Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 457

Thread: Magico Q7

  1. #171
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    544
    From what I understand, Alon is using Tube Research Labs Platinum Golden Triode Referrence Preamplifier and Tube Research Labs Platinum Golden Triode Reference 400 Mono Amplifiers in his studio at home.

  2. #172
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Roysen View Post
    From what I understand, Alon is using Tube Research Labs Platinum Golden Triode Referrence Preamplifier and Tube Research Labs Platinum Golden Triode Reference 400 Mono Amplifiers in his studio at home.
    Interesting...

  3. #173
    Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Marina del Rey, CA
    Posts
    1,019
    I would just buy McIntosh 601s and pocket 50k+

    SS at these levels just seems like very incremental gain for a lot of $.

  4. #174
    Q7 at Lifelike in Munich








    Last edited by wizard; 05-31-2012 at 01:33 PM.
    Check out my High-End blog

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Vancouver Island, B.C. - Canada
    Posts
    10,556
    Very conventional external design (rectangle black box enclosures).
    ...Even ugly (straight black boxes) for certain many people.

    But it's what's inside, in the soul, that things truly matter: the Music it sings.
    .... Dim the lights, close your eyes, and listen ....

    * Thanx for sharing the pix wizard.
    Last edited by NorthStar; 05-12-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typo

  6. #176
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,276
    Anyone have specific views on how they sound? I have read some of the posts.

  7. #177
    Senior Member Randall Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydelee21 View Post
    Anyone have specific views on how they sound? I have read some of the posts.
    The speaker is very balanced. It has great extension both in the highs and the lows. All the drivers integrate beautifully. In Jeff's room, the speakers are around 12' from the center seat. I could go on and on about how they disappear and how you cannot even detect their presence in the room, but you get the point. The bass has slam that sounds natural and mirrors what is on the recording. Those with different preferences, may still complain about the bass not being to their taste. But, to someone who hears a lot of different speakers, this sounds right to me. They are extremely revealing. If it is on the recording, it will be faithfully reproduced through the Q7's. That is what I look for from a speaker and in an audio system as a whole. Others will say that it is soulless. To that, I roll my eyes.

    Others have asked how the Q7 sounded compared to the Arrakis. To me, they are both exceptional speakers. To my ears, the Rockport had a warmer sound to it. Both speakers are well designed and the measurements prove that. The Magico Q7's are more revealing. I could live with any speaker in either speaker line. I owned a pair of Mira's for several years and they are by far my favorite speaker that I have owned, so I may always be partial to Andy Payors designs. But, I will say, the Q3 and Q7 really opened my eyes to sealed designs. Magico is pushing everyone right now and I love that.

  8. #178
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Smith View Post
    Others have asked how the Q7 sounded compared to the Arrakis. To me, they are both exceptional speakers. To my ears, the Rockport had a warmer sound to it. Both speakers are well designed and the measurements prove that. The Magico Q7's are more revealing. I could live with any speaker in either speaker line. I owned a pair of Mira's for several years and they are by far my favorite speaker that I have owned, so I may always be partial to Andy Payors designs. But, I will say, the Q3 and Q7 really opened my eyes to sealed designs. Magico is pushing everyone right now and I love that.
    You read my mind... Thank you. That is very very interesting. Like with any component, it matters what you partner it with. In this case, being so utterly transparent simply allows one to find a 'voice' that they like further upstream and know they will hear it down thru the speakers with greater integrity.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Vancouver Island, B.C. - Canada
    Posts
    10,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Smith View Post
    Others will say that it is soulless. To that, I roll my eyes.
    Nothing's wrong with a 'neutral', 'natural', 'accurate' soul.

  10. #180
    Addicted to Best! andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam holland
    Posts
    1,738
    A neutral loudspeaker will guide you through the waste lands suburbs and ghettos of the sometimes full of misleading financial interests high end world , and allow you to get further ahead , instead of moving in circles

    THis damn factory were i work broke down again last night , missed a good chance to hear dartzeel /magico Q 1 Q3 at a dealer show
    Well the money is good at weekends
    Last edited by andromedaaudio; 05-12-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Magico S5
    By ack in forum Magico
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 09:35 AM
  2. Magico Q1
    By Seta in forum Magico
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 02:18 PM
  3. Delivery of Magico Q5
    By brianherlihy in forum Magico
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 06:03 PM
  4. Opinions on the Magico V3?
    By ack in forum Magico
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 05:59 PM
  5. Magico Q5 demo at Goodwin's
    By ack in forum Magico
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 12:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •