WBF Economic Poll

What is the state of US economy relative to last year this time?

• Much better than last year

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Somewhat better than last year

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • The same as last year

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Somewhat worse than last year

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • A lot worse than last year

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I've complained about everything.

Despite the so-called "free market" the big boys are squeezing the little guy out. The solo practionner just can't keep up with the big boys. They are feeling the pinch also. They used to leave a little work for the small guys. Now they want everything. Lawyers are being hired as independent contranctors and work on commission.
Criminal defendants have to show where the money they used to hire thier lawyer came from. For the most part it's hire and fire at will. You don't get fired anymore, they just don't renew your contract. Then they give the contrac to the political appointee, family member or friend.
Loan sharking is legal. Traffic tickets run in the thousands of dollars. Parking tickets in the hundreds of dollars.
It sucks and the solution is not political. The one percent is so cash rich it's difficult to make them do anything. I'm just guessing but the Heny Ford theory of I have to pay my workers enough to buy my product no longer applicable. You can build your product in another country and sell it there too.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I do not see that the USA has done much to curb spending , ageing population , You are bring in or trying to bring in more social and medical programs all good if you can afford it . So debt grows, less manufacturing . I see it as higher taxes or lower government spending . But this is far from my area of expertise. I have traveled to China every year since 1999 and they have many problems with growth has the USA has with the shift of production.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing