Thread: Great grape juice review: Kirkland Signature Newman's Own Grape Juice

Banned

Great grape juice review: Kirkland Signature Newman's Own Grape Juice

My family has been buying graph juice for years. I usually drink a bit of it because it doesn't taste all that great. I think the brand was Welch's.

Recently my wife started to buy the Costo brand, Kirkland Signature
    Newman's Own Grape Juice. Wow. What great taste. Sweet with real grape taste. Here is a link to it:
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...78*&lang=en-US

No doubt this is the work of Newman's Own. We find all of their products above average.

Try it. I think you will love the taste. I know, it is hard to get excited about juice but this is that much better than major brands.

And with the cold season coming, the Vitamin C in Grape juice should come in handy.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amirm View Post
    No doubt this is the work of Newman's Own. We find all of their products above average.
    No doubt this is the work of Costco's private label Kirkland Signature division, in cooperation with Newman's Own. Both companies have been teaming up for a long while on various products.

Buy it though and plenty of it....I need the job security!
    I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
    John Adrian Spijkers - "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
    Dynavector DV20x2L - Genesis G7.1f - Marantz Reference PM KI Pearl - Nitty Gritty 2.5Fi - Oracle Paris Mk.V

Just incase people do not know, fruit juice is loaded with sugar. As much as a soda and with grapes being so sweet it may be more. It's far better to eat a piece of fruit where you also get the fiber......Fruit juice is way over hyped IMO. The next time you have a glass of juice remember it's like drinking a coke (as far as sugar content)....................I'm just sayin'.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
    Now I'm wondering if I should give up beer. Maybe I'd be better off pinching some hops between my gums. Just sayin'
    I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
    John Adrian Spijkers - "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
    Dynavector DV20x2L - Genesis G7.1f - Marantz Reference PM KI Pearl - Nitty Gritty 2.5Fi - Oracle Paris Mk.V

Banned
    I hear you Jeff. I eat a ton of fruit but my family won't. They do drink a lot of juice though. I also like juice as a source of fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMac View Post
    Just incase people do not know, fruit juice is loaded with sugar. As much as a soda and with grapes being so sweet it may be more. It's far better to eat a piece of fruit where you also get the fiber......Fruit juice is way over hyped IMO. The next time you have a glass of juice remember it's like drinking a coke (as far as sugar content)....................I'm just sayin'.
    Grape juice: Same heart benefits as wine? - Mayo Clinic
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li..../faq-20058529
    Mayo Clinic
    by M Grogan - ‎Related articles
    Grapes and grape juice contain antioxidants, so you can skip the alcohol and still get many of the same health benefits.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloria View Post
    Grape juice: Same heart benefits as wine? - Mayo Clinic
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li..../faq-20058529
    Mayo Clinic
    by M Grogan - ‎Related articles
    Grapes and grape juice contain antioxidants, so you can skip the alcohol and still get many of the same health benefits.
    And not too many people get pulled over by the cops for being too sweet!!
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum mono blocks, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :dCS Rossini , SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

Sugar not added to Newman's own grapejuice

"loaded with sugar" ...yes but loaded with ADDED sugars of any kind besides what is naturally in the grapes? NO! Drinking grape juice is a lot like eating a whole bunch of grapes at one time! And yes Grape juice and pretty much all fruit juice is high in sugar but unlike soda it DOES have other components that are healthful! Grapes in particular! ....fruit is high in sugar but having said that all sugar is not the same and Newman's Own /Kirkland does NOT have any sugar ADDED in which IS the case with many fruit drinks ...it is not processed sugar or corn syrup like typical soft drinks ....from what I understand there is a dramatic difference ...no? At least not quite right to say one is the same as the other....
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMac View Post