New Concert Fidelity CF-080 LSX2-V2

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I believe the stand bye switch is on the back because they is no need to use on a daily basis. Good luck with your sale. I listened to both and feel the LSX2 is not worth the extra $4K, imho.

The standby and power switch are on the back, so you must put your arm to the back of the unit to switch it in and out of standby.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Hello, you are correct, the standby switch is on the rear panel, I understand your issue if you have it installed in a rack without enough space for regular access. Re the volume steps, the 080, as you will know, has switchable gain, 12db/6db. Gain is 2db per step. It is a purist product at the end of the day, and sonically is up there with the very best ever produced.

Last edited:

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
The standby and power switch are on the back, so you must put your arm to the back of the unit to switch it in and out of standby.

I leave it on like it is suppose to be. I turn off my 911 MK3 though.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Hi Shane,
I wish you had a chance to hear them with the Phillips 7316 tubes as they are the most balanced tube for my sound preference, having been through Siemens, RFT, Mullard (2nd best preference) and others.
But you need the versatility to be able to reach the back stand by switch and if you have your 4Tt's then you need the instant mute switch too.
The great part about this pre is that the tube roll changes are so pronounced and so assists to get the desired qualities one wants.

Taksil

Feb 5, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Having now owned both the LSX and LSXV2 I can say that to my ears and in my system the LSXV2 is worth every dollar on the upgrade.

Masa San has been able to refine the already fine LSX even further.

The LSXV2 has a quiter background giving more decay and ambiance. More back to front depth, better tonality, dimension and bass definition.

The biggest improvement is in 1KHz and below. The soundstage is just a bit backwards which suits my Avantgarde horn speakers very well.

I am very happy :)

Last edited:

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hey Tax

You can easily tell the differences since you have them both in the system:). Are you using your Slyvania's?

Enjoy the new pre amp, sonically it is wonderful.

Cheers

Taksil

Feb 5, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Hey Tax

You can easily tell the differences since you have them both in the system:). Are you using your Slyvania's?

Enjoy the new pre amp, sonically it is wonderful.

Cheers

Yes TT!

Thanks!

I am using the same Sylvanias so I have the same base reference point.

I am also getting the DAC-040 :)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Yes TT!

Thanks!

I am using the same Sylvanias so I have the same base reference point.

I am also getting the DAC-040 :)

Kool! And the amps?

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
For anyone who subscribes to HIFICRITIC, a review of the Concert Fidelity 080LSX2 is underway by Martin Colloms.

This will be followed up by a joint review with 080LSX2 & ZL200 Mono power amplifiers!

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
For anyone who subscribes to HIFICRITIC, a review of the Concert Fidelity 080LSX2 is underway by Martin Colloms.

This will be followed up by a joint review with 080LSX2 & ZL200 Mono power amplifiers!

Good to know, thanks. I LOVE my CF 080LSX!

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Good! What amplifiers do you use it with (Jim?)

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Good! What amplifiers do you use it with (Jim?)

Started with Hegel, then Burmester 911 MK3, and now waiting for Theta Prometheus monos, with Venture CR-8 Signature speakers.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Wonderful..

Have you tried the ZL120V2SE or even the ZL200 Jim?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland

Any idea when the next issue will be out ?

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
I'd guess around the end of March, my last copy (6/4) arrived a week or so before xmas..

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Did Martin like the combo ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing