Your latest music purchase!

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Thank you both - sbo6 and amirm.
I decided to buy with Qobuz redbook edtition of " Live in Tokyo " and " Like a Lover ", only a bit more expensive than one album hires 24/88,4 from hdtracks.
I took also in consideration the opinion of amirm about 2xHD mastering.
I have one relaease in native dsd which seems less manipulated and sounds very good - album entitled "Take One", very analog-like.

"Take One
Davis, Piltch, Earle, MacColl, Nevin, Traditional
Aaron Davis, Rob Piltch
Mastering Room:

2xHD Mastering: René Laflamme
2xHD Executive Producer: André Perry

For the 2xHD transfer of this recording, the original 1/2”, 30 ips NAB master tape was played on a modified TELEFUNKEN M15 Tape recorder with SAKI head, using a hi-end tube preamplifier with OCC silver cables. We did an analog transfer for each HiRes sampling and A & B comparisons were made with both the original LP, using the Kronos turntable, as well as with the best available CD, using the Nagra HD Dac and dCS Vivaldi DAC, throughout the process.

192kHz was done using Ayre QA9pro
DSD was done using dCS 905 and dCS Vivaldi clock
DXD 352.8kHz was done using dCS 905 and dCS Vivaldi clock
DSD2 was done using Ayre QA9pro"

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
If you like Stacey Kent you should check out Emilie-Claire Barlow, fantastic. Similar styles, Emilie is from Canada. Her CD "Live in Tokyo" is one of my all time favorites...

I have the Live in Toyko album. Very nice indeed. However, Ms Kent has something Ms Barlow does not, namely Jim Tomlinson on sax. He is sensational, a real throwback to the old masters and a thrill to experience live in an intimate setting such as Birdland in NYC. It of course helps that Stacey and Jim are married!

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I have the Live in Toyko album. Very nice indeed. However, Ms Kent has something Ms Barlow does not, namely Jim Tomlinson on sax. He is sensational, a real throwback to the old masters and a thrill to experience live in an intimate setting such as Birdland in NYC. It of course helps that Stacey and Jim are married!
In her last album " Tenderly" she is accompanied by the brazilian guitarist , Roberto Menescal.
And it is sensational ,too. I wonder if Mr Tomlinson like it :)

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Glenn Gould Goldberg Variations 24/96 wav and Roberta Flack also wav 24/96 ( today minus 15 % and minus 30 % respectively at hdtracks) and Andy Sheppard Quartet wav 24/96 a few days ago.

Attachments

• Bach.jpg
    Bach.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 78
  • roberta flack.jpg
    roberta flack.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 80
  • andy shepard.jpg
    andy shepard.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 81

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Cecile McLorin Salvant, a jazz female singer born in Miami from French mother and Haitian father , a Grammy nominee "Best jazz vocal album" , today with hdtracks wav 24/96 with 15% discount

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 61

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Glenn Gould Goldberg Variations 24/96 wav and Roberta Flack also wav 24/96 ( today minus 15 % and minus 30 % respectively at hdtracks) and Andy Sheppard Quartet wav 24/96 a few days ago.
Looks like the HDtracks discount on Roberta Flack is gone at the price is $25. Fortunately Pono has it for just $15! As much as I hate that service, the frugal in me had to buy it there. I don't know why I never bought that album as it is one of my favorites. So thanks a bunch. On Glenn Gould, I will likely buy that one and add it to my collection one day too. Had already bought the Andy Sheppard Quartet so I am good there :).

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Enjoy amirm, since I bought the album of Roberta Flack I listen to it nearly every day, "Killing me softly" is the music from our youth.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing