Egglestonworks speakers - any experience?

LJP

Nov 18, 2011
Hello everyone - I'm interested to know if anyone has heard the latest iterations any of the larger E'works speakers - such as the Andra's, Savoy's and Ivy's??

If so, what were your impressions and what gear were they being run with?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I had a pair of Rosas with my Gryphon gear about a decade ago, I recall a very dynamic, detailed and great high frequency resolution - but just too many drivers for my tastes :(

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
It is a quite different design approach IMO compared to the Avalons (which might be a good thing for your customers), I beleive that these speakers were launched as an option of the Wilson WPx, whete P. McGrath was involved in the company/design (but can be wrong here).

I heard the Andras and the Rosas and decided for the later due to its smaller footprint. I also heard a pair of Isabelles last October at RMAF from The High End Palace setup, very nice sounding room.

My first take would be that Eaglestone designs are a more quick, dynamic and "modern" speaker, which might be apealing for audiophiles that prioritize detail and speed over maybe tone rendering and soundstage recreation, where Avalon excell.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Huge bottom ends. The Ivy's have killed many a power amp. Of the EW speakers I've heard my favorite is The Nines driven by ML No.53s. While not as deep as the original Andras, I felt that they imaged a lot better.

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
A friend had the andra 2, and as jack earlier mentioned, has a huge but tight bottom end, somewhat laid back in the mids and smooth treble. Needs at least 200w to get going

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Hi guy's i will be visiting my friend Elrocco very soon he as a few minor adjustments to make then it's the friend's come over time for IMPRESSIONS here is the system.

Ok it's done, no it's not a system with PANELS but still one great system, thank's Claude for a wonderful evening, first it was Cabasse Baltics second it was Verity Audio Parsifal and now Egglestonworks Andra3s all great speakers but for ME for boxes the Andra3s are my favorite of the three.

Syst_me_Elrocco_01.jpg - - - Syst_me_Elrocco_02.jpg - - - Syst_me_Elrocco_03.jpg - - -

Last edited:

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Few months ago , 2 of my buddies and 1 purchased 2 savoy & 1 ivy. It sounded so bad when it's new & my CJ 350 can't drive it at all during the earlier stage. After about 200 hours my savoy is playing nicely. However on complex music it run out of juice . This speaker certainly need high current & powerful amp. My buddy with ivy audition it with many amp ie rogue audio apollo ( eggleston tends to pair their speakers with rogue audio in audio show ) , audio research 610T, linn klimax, top viola model & the champion is gryphon mephisto. Some of us were so taken by the sound of grphon that a few of us are buying the amp. As for my CJ act2.2 & CJ350 will be for sales & it will be replace with gryphon mephisto & Pandora preamp . Frustrating thing is that delivery period will be about 4 months. 1st 20 sold rather quickly .
So if u intend to purchase savoy or ivy u need a powerful high current amp. Even a friend with savoy driven by pass lab XA160 ( class A) is not good enough

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Despite its reputation( at least in my country ), it sounded so good with pinpoint , wide soundstage & v transparent presentation

vassago

Dec 1, 2011
denmark
Hello everyone - I'm interested to know if anyone has heard the latest iterations any of the larger E'works speakers - such as the Andra's, Savoy's and Ivy's??

If so, what were your impressions and what gear were they being run with?

I got home my Andra's, Savoy's last weeek, next will be the Ivy.

Now the just have to run in.
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/256852_10151178568525337_1293737756_o.jpg

And then I have to test up against the Isis and the ED.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Few months ago , 2 of my buddies and 1 purchased 2 savoy & 1 ivy. It sounded so bad when it's new & my CJ 350 can't drive it at all during the earlier stage. After about 200 hours my savoy is playing nicely. However on complex music it run out of juice . This speaker certainly need high current & powerful amp. My buddy with ivy audition it with many amp ie rogue audio apollo ( eggleston tends to pair their speakers with rogue audio in audio show ) , audio research 610T, linn klimax, top viola model & the champion is gryphon mephisto. Some of us were so taken by the sound of grphon that a few of us are buying the amp. As for my CJ act2.2 & CJ350 will be for sales & it will be replace with gryphon mephisto & Pandora preamp . Frustrating thing is that delivery period will be about 4 months. 1st 20 sold rather quickly .
So if u intend to purchase savoy or ivy u need a powerful high current amp. Even a friend with savoy driven by pass lab XA160 ( class A) is not good enough

Congrats Audioblazer...sounds amazing on Ivy...and as a big fan of Gryphon...a tremendous congrats on Pandora and Mephisto!

vassago

Dec 1, 2011
denmark

Hello

Gryphon is nece I have sold it for some years ago..

CJ I had for demo but I dit not like the sound.

On the Savoy I have, I will start with Pass XS150 and the 200,5, and I will go to at show sun, with Savoy XP30 160,5 for bas and for the highs 100,5.

Next week I think it will be, I will test the Savoy up against the Avalon Isis, on XP30 XS150 and XP25 with the big Raven black night.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing