What Is It That You Are A Collector Of

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I used to collect cards, and coins, and marbles. ...All gone, mainly stolen from me.

I ain't collecting anymore...I enjoy the present moment observing life and life right back @ me; wildlife, nature, music and films.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Acetates - Beatles Yellow Submarine movie

The Beatles Yellow Submarine movie. I have acetates with the original drawings, actually paintings on the acetate film, that were used for the film before the computer revolution. The company that made the movie was not paying back a note, the lender held the acetates & sold them off to cover the debt.
zz.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The Beatles Yellow Submarine movie. I have acetates with the original drawings, actually paintings on the acetate film, that were used for the film before the computer revolution. The company that made the movie was not paying back a note, the lender held the acetates & sold them off to cover the debt.
zz.
Good buy. I assume they have appreciated a bunch?

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Besides collecting what my wife tells me are insane numbers of high-quality music CDs, XRCDs, SACDs, etc....(guilty as charged!), I collect and multi-year age Cuban as well as non-Cuban cigars. If anyone is interested in talking "sticks", please let me know as I'm glad to share!

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Vintage barware for many years. Have about 30 bottles of tequila and another 10 or so or rye to go with it :)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I like to collect music (Vinyl and Tapes), 1/18 scale die-cast model cars (cmc and exoto), Guitars...Electric, Ferrari's.... 2nd one ordered.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Besides collecting what my wife tells me are insane numbers of high-quality music CDs, XRCDs, SACDs, etc....(guilty as charged!), I collect and multi-year age Cuban as well as non-Cuban cigars. If anyone is interested in talking "sticks", please let me know as I'm glad to share!

Currently my two favorites are Liga Privada T52 paired with Buffalo Trace or Oliva Melanio paired with Angels Envy, R.I.P. Lincoln Henderson.
Either one makes for a wonderful evening spent with friends.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Those are great cigars....very good smokes! I cannot speak to the bourbon but do favor Perdomo Silvios and Grovies (both limited editions from a few years back), DON BENIGNO Piramides & Robustos (simply amazing, somewhat hard to find). BELLO from Miami (Piramides & Emperador), Olivia Series V, Padron Anniversarios (Torpedo/Piramides), Padron 1926 40ths, OpusX "power rangers" and Torpedoes (after about 7 years of additional aging), Forbidden X (hard to find in quantity, I have several different sizes), Perdomo Maduro Piramides, and true Cubans (Montecristo, Cuaba, San Cristobal, Vegas Robaina, Fonseca, Ramon Allones). Love to age for multiple years and see what they turn into; in all cases I've taken cigars that I love 'off the shelf' and with several years of patience and a couple large auto-controlled humidors, been rewarded with some amazing smokes....if you are ever close to Greenville SC, let me know, we can do some listening and "fire one up!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legacy AERIS, Legacy/Boehmer WAVELET, Esoteric P-02 Transport, D-02 Dual-Mono DAC, and C-02 Dual-Mono Preamp, Esoteric A-02 Amp, Cybershaft 10Mz Rb & OCXO Master Clock, IsoTek EVO3 TITAN and EVO3 SIGMAS, HDPlex Customer Linear-Regulated DC Power Supply, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Wave Form Correct Device and EP-2750 Ground Filters (2), CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, two 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding kit, large ground leads, Avatar Acoustics AFTERBURNER8 Duplex Outlets (5), Granite Audio Ground Zero, Elrod Statement Gold 20-amp (5) and Statement Silver 15-amp (2), and IsoTek EVO3 ELITE (2) power cords, ,Revelation Audio Labs Custom XLR5 DC Umbilical, Elrod Statement Gold XLR (4 pair), Kubala-Sosna ELATION! AES/EBU (2), Kubala-Sosna Emotion (75ohm (1) and 50-ohm (1) BNC), B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold 9-foot pair, Elrod Custom-built SG-level Jumpers (4 pair), Adona AV45CS4 and AV45 stands (multiple of each), Composite Audio CF-2010

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Damn useless bits of "Audiophilia"---like this thing :D!

BD

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Those are great cigars....very good smokes! I cannot speak to the bourbon but do favor Perdomo Silvios and Grovies (both limited editions from a few years back), DON BENIGNO Piramides & Robustos (simply amazing, somewhat hard to find). BELLO from Miami (Piramides & Emperador), Olivia Series V, Padron Anniversarios (Torpedo/Piramides), Padron 1926 40ths, OpusX "power rangers" and Torpedoes (after about 7 years of additional aging), Forbidden X (hard to find in quantity, I have several different sizes), Perdomo Maduro Piramides, and true Cubans (Montecristo, Cuaba, San Cristobal, Vegas Robaina, Fonseca, Ramon Allones). Love to age for multiple years and see what they turn into; in all cases I've taken cigars that I love 'off the shelf' and with several years of patience and a couple large auto-controlled humidors, been rewarded with some amazing smokes....if you are ever close to Greenville SC, let me know, we can do some listening and "fire one up!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legacy AERIS, Legacy/Boehmer WAVELET, Esoteric P-02 Transport, D-02 Dual-Mono DAC, and C-02 Dual-Mono Preamp, Esoteric A-02 Amp, Cybershaft 10Mz Rb & OCXO Master Clock, IsoTek EVO3 TITAN and EVO3 SIGMAS, HDPlex Customer Linear-Regulated DC Power Supply, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Wave Form Correct Device and EP-2750 Ground Filters (2), CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, two 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding kit, large ground leads, Avatar Acoustics AFTERBURNER8 Duplex Outlets (5), Granite Audio Ground Zero, Elrod Statement Gold 20-amp (5) and Statement Silver 15-amp (2), and IsoTek EVO3 ELITE (2) power cords, ,Revelation Audio Labs Custom XLR5 DC Umbilical, Elrod Statement Gold XLR (4 pair), Kubala-Sosna ELATION! AES/EBU (2), Kubala-Sosna Emotion (75ohm (1) and 50-ohm (1) BNC), B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold 9-foot pair, Elrod Custom-built SG-level Jumpers (4 pair), Adona AV45CS4 and AV45 stands (multiple of each), Composite Audio CF-2010

Dont threatin me with a terrible time!

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I had collected 4 corvettes and 4 camaros ... sold all but a 96 vette to finance my latest hifi..parking at home is no longer a problem

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I'll try to behave myself....:D

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..guitars...and dust

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing