Audiophile Fuses

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Lissnr

May 31, 2012
Native New Yorker
SR Red Fuses breaking in

Its been almost a week of the SR Red fuses breaking in...system sounds best its been. Granted I've been adding tweaks and upgrades over the years as [most] all of us do but this latest addition has helped push it farther than ever. The 'clarity' factor has now been naturally integrated.

I'm choosing my words carefully here. Initial impression, as first mentioned last week, was "Holy cow" about the outstanding clarity. Well, the extent of the clarity hasn't altered as I can still resolve more than ever before but what's even more profound is how naturally it has integrated into "co-existing" with the rest of the soundscape without drawing any undue attention to itself [anymore...]. If you specifically listen FOR particular details or underlying threads embedded in the 'tune' you will find it readily but it doesn't stand out like it first seemed to do [with that 'wow factor']. It just sounds (and please pardon the overuse of this term again!) : natural. It simply sounds like all the music is now all there...not in your face... but simply complete. Not 'overdone', just real. So real....

Wish I had a few more places in the chain to put these...maybe if I can dig into my CD player / transport; I'll have to look. Happy Lissn'n everyone (oh, and have a great and Happy New Year!).

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
No one here has compared the Red fuses with the Audio Magic Beeswax ? Much more expensive and long to burn in. I wonder if the difference inloney is Worthy ?
Any opinion ?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I have a load of Reds arriving here tomorrow so looking forward to trying them out. Do I do the scientific process of one at a time or do I just think life is too short and pimp the whole system in one fell swoop?

Lissnr

May 31, 2012
Native New Yorker
SR Red fuses

No one has to TELL you the right answer.... ( which of course is to do one at a time and patiently assess the individual contributions of each piece and thus its actual particular influence on the entire soundscape, ya di ya di ya...) but that sounds like WEEKS of individual break in tiime...
I don't know about u but when I was five I put as many pieces of gum in my mouth as I could just to experience the " Super-Whammo Effect! " But that's just me...
Let us know either way.
Have fun!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Put all in. After two weeks take all out. See if there is a big drop. Then play one by one for audiophile sake.

If you leave it on at mains, but on standby, the burn in will be faster.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Okay - thanks chaps. I will start with the internal ref 3 fuse as Spaz suggests to get an idea before going full Monty.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
just to headfcuk you some more i think a AMR GOLD fuse would be better on your pre, i did not like it but it did bring body. the ref 3 can be a bit thin. do the sr red thing and see how you get on bill, there is more to be said lol but lets see how you get on with these first:)

the SR RED do seem to take a little distortion out but weather you llike the rest of what they do is up to you m8.

Cheers, Spaz. Will give it a try and see what happens. My GG has loads of body so not really wanting to fatten in up any more per se. I am a 3D head though so if it brings any more of that and resolution, then I wil be happy enough.

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
Hello Spaz,
Why not give us a short description of what, and where put, did each type of fuse do to YOUR setup?
Reason being since your spelling became less enticing and monolayered, I can't read you any more.

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
yea monolayered because a artist cant paint without a canvass.. ok!?

or better still without a muse... and whos fault is that? ;)

You leave me quite bemused about your fuses. Please again, I ask you not to blow yours but to tell us how which did where to change your sound.
Attentively I sit at your feet....

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
ok, am still sitting on you european arrest warrent..[/QUOTE]

No you're not anymore. Since you changed your spelling, they think you're Brits. They're still gnashing their teeth and rending uniforms, but acording to EU law they can't do anything. Your upcoming vote might change all this, but rest assured, I still have some leeway.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Cheers, Spaz. Will give it a try and see what happens. My GG has loads of body so not really wanting to fatten in up any more per se. I am a 3D head though so if it brings any more of that and resolution, then I wil be happy enough.

Evening Bill, I would recommend that you try an Audio Horizons in your Ref3, a friend brought his around for an evening of Fuze Rolling ( Think Russian Roulette but more exciting...... not) and I prefered the AH in the Ref10 more than incumbant SRS Red, no gulf by any means, yet notably a touch more 'organic', Amp's less so, tho again a notch up on the Reds.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Day 1 update. I managed to get about 4 hours listening in with the red in the ARC ref 3. From the off, the red seems to have stripped a layer of grain that I hadn't realised was there. I am getting more resolution too. All good so far and nothing but positives especially for that small investment. Will burn in over night and see what the morning brings. I have on good authority that the GG responds well to fuses so look forward to that one...

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Well I put a Red into the GG and burnt that in also over night. I am seriously impressed with what they have brought to my system - I would describe it as increased purity - I am getting more resolution, deeper soundstage and a layer of grain removed. I am hearing more of the acoustic in the classical venues that I have been listening to. Great stuff and highly recommended.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Well I put a Red into the GG and burnt that in also over night. I am seriously impressed with what they have brought to my system - I would describe it as increased purity - I am getting more resolution, deeper soundstage and a layer of grain removed. I am hearing more of the acoustic in the classical venues that I have been listening to. Great stuff and highly recommended.

Bill are you comparing to the stock fuse ? I have rolled my gear with the HiFi Tuning Supremes , so wondering if the Red's are a step ahead in comparison . Cheers

Last edited:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Bill are comparing to the stock fuse ? I have rolled my gear with the HiFi Tuning Supremes , so wondering if the Red's are a step ahead in comparison . Cheers

Hi Jazz,

Yes - these are just versus stock fuses so no comparisons done with other high performance fuses yet.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012

Which value are you using for the GG dac fuses Bill? And slow blow fuses?

Btw, Synergistic Research is on the brink of launching a new top of the bill fuse called Black. Apparently it is clearly better than their Red fuse as it should be because the price is 1/3 higher than their Red fuse.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Which value are you using for the GG dac fuses Bill? And slow blow fuses?

Btw, Synergistic Research is on the brink of launching a new top of the bill fuse called Black. Apparently it is clearly better than their Red fuse as it should be because the price is 1/3 higher than their Red fuse.

Hi Rudolph,

Yes - I saw that about the Black. I wrote to ask Ted Denney about when that would be available - not heard yet.

I am using a very low 1.25amp slow.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing