Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738

Thread: Audiophile Fuses

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone had any negative experiences with any of the brands, e.g like some cables add something buy take away something else
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.P View Post
    I have steered away from this rabbit hole .. I am A SKEPTIC as Ron has said,, Im not closed minded on this.. Using a fuse as a Tuning aid is what? No better than saying your changing the acoustic voice of the original designers voiced intention.. A band aid for a poor design ?

Albeit There is NO way there is a massive research in testing fuses.. Maybe build one by hand and test your results.. Make them in mass in China.. Sell them in the USA at a 400% mark up.. Maybe its time I look into fuse business..
    Amps, cables ... all have an unique sonic signature. Everything is a band aid, a tuning device. Trick is to get all the band aids play nice together.

I replaced SR Blacks in my VAC SigMKIIa SE pre and ARC Ref250SE with SR Blue and sound is more organic. Improve UEF material?? Not replacing rest of Blacks until they blows or feel the need for a change.

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Than you have to ask yourself - what would change your skepticism concerning fuses?
    Very simple -- a careful A/B comparison of different fuses, and a conclusion that I can hear a difference between one type of fuse and another type of fuse, and that I prefer the sound of one fuse over the sound of the other fuse.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    preamp: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons (ordered)
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    What seems to be ignored are the fuse holders which are subject to international safety regs and of mediocre quality.
    Has anybody found any audiophile fuse holders out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    Very simple -- a careful A/B comparison of different fuses, and a conclusion that I can hear a difference between one type of fuse and another type of fuse, and that I prefer the sound of one fuse over the sound of the other fuse.
    Discernably so, it's a bit like rolling tubes .
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

Quote Originally Posted by Barry2013 View Post
    What seems to be ignored are the fuse holders which are subject to international safety regs and of mediocre quality.
    Has anybody found any audiophile fuse holders out there?
    I replaced small stock (low quality) fuse holder on my Hegel H30 to a large Bussmann and it yielded a nice improvement.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Thanks kinghifi.
    Will follow that up

I have a Beeswax in one Directstream and a Black in the other. When I switched DS's, the Beeswax one seemed a little smoother, a little more relaxed, a bit of ragged edge no longer there. I haven't gone back and repeated the switch because I've been involved with auditioning power cords.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738