Audiophile Fuses

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
For those of you sitting on the fence and not on VH Audio's mailing list, they are running a 3 for the price of 2 promo on SR Black fuses during August.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Thanks Mark, I'm about to hit the button for 20 SR Blacks
As I said, thanks LOL

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks Mark, I'm about to hit the button for 20 SR Blacks
As I said, thanks LOL

Have you tried the SR black in your system?

Why bet everything on only one horse while there are some very good alternatives - Audio Refine, Audio Magic - available that might please you more?

As mentioned before, the Audio Refine fuses are awesome sounding (use them in various components) and much cheaper than the SR black fuses.

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Have you tried the SR black in your system?

Why bet everything on only one horse while there are some very good alternatives - Audio Refine, Audio Magic - available that might please you more?

As mentioned before, the Audio Refine fuses are awesome sounding (use them in various components) and much cheaper than the SR black fuses.

Do you have Audio Refine's phone or website information?

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Another good fuse at this price level is the PADIS. Although I haven't heard the Refine model and will need to rely on Rudolf's views, I do think that most people will be pretty amazed at the change in performance these fuses offer over stock generic ones. The difference from these upto the SRB or AM Beeswax is equally large again.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Another good fuse at this price level is the PADIS. Although I haven't heard the Refine model and will need to rely on Rudolf's views, I do think that most people will be pretty amazed at the change in performance these fuses offer over stock generic ones. The difference from these upto the SRB or AM Beeswax is equally large again.

Not clear about that last sentence: The difference from what fuses to the SRB/Beeswax is equally large again? Thanks,

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013

Not clear about that last sentence: The difference from which fuses to the SRB/Beeswax is equally large again? Thanks,

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Gene, "these" refers to the Padis / Refine fuses. Padis incidentally are the OEM supplier for Furutech, hence the identical appearance and packaging.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, I took the plunge and ordered NINETEEN SR Black fuses for the system.
I am now a true card carrying audiofool, fit for the asylum.
However Sablon Mark and Audiophile Bill inform me my life is about to change, so how could I resist?

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I took advantage of the special pricing a got a pair of Black fuses to replace the pair of Red fuses in my Spectral amp. It was definitely a worthwhile move.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Kenny, my SR Blacks are somewhere over the N Atlantic winging their way to the UK right now

Howard

Mar 22, 2014
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but most audiophile fuses are apparently tested using a European method (CE) which results in a somewhat lowered fuse rating than the American (UL) method. I've been advised by my pre-amp manufacturer to use an audiophile fuse 1 size (10 - 15% or so) larger than the standard fuse because of this difference and because the manufacturer uses fuses that are somewhat conservatively rated for their needs. This is why so many of these audiophile fuses blow with the high inrush current associated with turn on. I'm using a 2.5 amp slow blow in my pre-amp instead of the spec'ed 2 amp (with the manufacturer's approval). So far, so good! :)

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Can someone recommend a replacement fuse for a Lamm LP2 phono pre, my hifi tuning just blew. I'm using the stock Lamm now, any one have any ideas on a top quality replacement? I want clean, quiet, and dynamic, with ironically no "tuning." Thanks

jeff

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Can someone recommend a replacement fuse for a Lamm LP2 phono pre, my hifi tuning just blew. I'm using the stock Lamm now, any one have any ideas on a top quality replacement? I want clean, quiet, and dynamic, with ironically no "tuning." Thanks

jeff

Did the blow damage any other equipment?

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Luckily just the fuse and my lava lamp lightbulb. Stunned my modem and turntable power supply, required unplugging and restarting. Luckily no serious damage.

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
I use the SR Black's and like them very much. I also like the Audio Horizon Platinum Reference fuses as well. The SR's are super transparent and I have found that some components sounds more musical with the AH fuses. Directions on both are critical. I agree to go to the next size up for tube components, but for solid state the stated value seems good.

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
I'm using loom of SR Blacks and ordered another for new SS Preamp. Merchant emailed and ask if I like to try the new, just released SR Blue for an additional $30. Really, do you need to ask?? Scheduled to arrive Sat so if degree of improvement same as Red to Black, I'll be very happy.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
I hope other vendors offer their customers similar terms as quite a few of us have bought Blacks recently.......

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing