Most extreme Von Schweikert system on the planet?

ceedee

Apr 20, 2010
Holland
www.musicalreality.nl
Hey Jack,

Nice job! It reminds me of the Rumanian Home Theathre Set Up with the VR 11 SE a few years ago.

Are you satisfied with the sound already? This is a really tough job to do.

Good luck.

Cor

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It has some 300 hours on it already Cor. Yes it has already exceeded expectations. The 9.5" drivers are still a bit tight but I'd say the mids and highs are 99% there.

We'll see what happens when the VAC Signature amps arrive. The owner has been rolling amps between the Siegfried and Lamm M2.2s. The VR-11 SEs are much easier to drive than I had expected.

By the way I got the custom Solid Tech stands you sent for the U3s. Sorry I haven't been able to reply. I'm busy moving house. When I saw the KR crates I thought you sent me amps! Hahahahaha! I would have loved some T1610s!!!!!!!!!!

ceedee

Apr 20, 2010
Holland
www.musicalreality.nl
Hey Jack,

Happy listening to the system, it really is a very rare and extreme set up all together.

This was the best way to fly the pices of stone safely.
Hope I did not shock you to much with the KR crate.

We also have the KR crates filled with the real stuff.:cool:

Cor

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If the economy picks up we may give Eunice a call. Still slow though but getting better. :)

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
If the economy picks up, Pam and I plan to go back to eating meat once a week.:eek:

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..Cor you are a poet!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You guys are making me hungry!

I'll be late for RMAF :(

I'll be flying in to Vegas then SF first week of November.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
...Jack, I'm confused (so what's new). Are you or are you not attending RMAF? I thought earlier it was a no.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Guess I should have said I'll be too late for RMAF, two and a half weeks late.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Update: The system is pretty much complete. Here are the pics you asked for Gavin.

The VR-11s here are the ones seen on the VSA website :)

The rear VR-9s are Bi-amped with Lamm M1.2s and M2.2s

JL Gotham for the LFE

Here's the associated equipment for stereo.

Amps: VTL Siegfried for the bass modules

VAC 450 Statement. First pair in the world. Hats of to you Kevin Hayes. You are a genius.

Digital Sources: SACD is EMMLabs CDSD/Switchman3/DAC6

CD is the EERA Tentation

Preamp is the VTL 7.5 Series 2 soon to be replaced by Luke's new baby the Series 3

Turntables are:

TW Acustic AC-3 with Triplanar VII/Koetsu Blue Lace, Graham Phantom/Dynavector XV-1t, TW Acustic/Miyabi 47 Labs, Kuzma 4 point/Ortofon A90

TW Acustic Black Night with Schroeder/Jan Allearts, Da Vinci Grandeeza/MY Sonic Labs Ultra Eminent BC

Phono Pre Amplification is the venerable EMT and Tron 7. ARC Ref 2 and Lamm LP2 also come into the rotation. Shown at shoot time the EMT

Cables are Kubala Sosna Elation and Shunyata King Cobras

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
continued.......

All this is useless if we don't deal with noise, so.............

50KVA of Isolation w autoswitch stability protection and voltage regulation

AHUs placed far away and special ducting for AC

Now a nice wide shot of the room itself custom designed by Tracks Acoustics who did our TV/Radio post production suites as well as our Sound Stages.

Now for the Raison d'être of all this

Heres a shot of about a fourth of a stunning collection already sorted and placed. The CDs are not very photogenic in their drawers :)

How does it sound? Pretty much anyway you want it to except underpowered and small. Sigh.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm speechless too but I have to dig in and utter a few words. It's nice to be an emperor because the emperor wears all the clothes! LOL Does he still need a subject to catalog those priceless LPs? I'm free in the afternoons...LOL

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Lee, Jim hardly posts because when he's in front of the computer he's answering about a hundred e-mails a day as the President/COO of TV/Radio Network. When he gets home, he doesn't even want to see a computer. It's family time and then listening time when the kids have been put to bed. He looks in occasionally and I'm sure he appreciates all your kind words.

Jadis,

He'll need all the help he can get! Tell you what Phil. I'll volunteer with you!

I'll be lending Jimmy the Koetsu SUT to try with his Blue Lace. He's got it with the Matsudaira 302 now. I hope he gives mine back after he hears the hand in glove combination. Hahahahaha.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Lee, Jim hardly posts because when he's in front of the computer he's answering about a hundred e-mails a day as the President/COO of TV/Radio Network. When he gets home, he doesn't even want to see a computer. It's family time and then listening time when the kids have been put to bed. He looks in occasionally and I'm sure he appreciates all your kind words.

Jadis,

He'll need all the help he can get! Tell you what Phil. I'll volunteer with you!

I'll be lending Jimmy the Koetsu SUT to try with his Blue Lace. He's got it with the Matsudaira 302 now. I hope he gives mine back after he hears the hand in glove combination. Hahahahaha.

Incredible time management on the part of the Emperor, Jack. The quality time spent at work, and the quality spent at home with the family, and the quality time spent on designing and implementing an audio system like that - it simply is amazing. And everything done to the last minute technical detail. Great that he's trying out the Koetsu Step Up with the Blue Lace, if he doesn't give it back, we'll talk to the 'Japanese Emperor' to give you a new one. LOL

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ah burn in time once again. Boooooooooooo! No way he's getting mine (unless he gives me his EMT hehehehe)

One last pic for now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing