Please write an equipment review

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Intro. ....Before the real stuff; the exposed review in all its nakeness...

Reviews... reviews of our electronics, the products we purchase based on other's reviews!

Yeah, it is a vicious cycle.

About reviews on the reviewers themselves, and what escaped them that us the owners did not?
That's right, pro reviewers don't keep up with reliability, and deeper flaws of products that don't appear right away.
Do you need examples? From products (HDTVs) made by Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Sony, Vizio, Sharp, Pioneer, etc.?

Yes, I got tons of personal stories myself at home, and most recently from Samsung (my HDTV 3D plasma and two BD players), plus from Panasonic (BD player & previous TV).
But much more than that; I had several discussions with their customer service department over the phone.
And I read a lot before I finally purchase their products. And they were always recommended as the very best by the pro reviewers.

If I truly start to go into this venue; well my dear co-members, all is not pink!

Life is an adaptation, and an assimilation, and also an appreciation, as well an intelligent faculty at deciphering all there is to it.

Let's be simple here and on-topic. Well, like it or not, the economy and the politics of our governments are playing a major role in everything we buy and we read...

1. Samsung PN-59D550 Plasma 3D HDTV = Fluctuating Blacks!!! (also known as pop-ups). ...Very bad and Samsung is ignoring the issue!

2. I just don't want to go through my two Samsung BD players as this is a total joke!
- Samsung stop supporting my 5000 BD player a long time ago.
- And my 6900 don't have any bass management at all!!! And no pro reviewer checked for that!!!

3. My Panasonic BD player (BD55), didn't last more than 16 months (BD laser lens failure)!!! And Panasonic's own technical service department aknowledged this fact from several of their BD player models.

4. I don't want to go into discussions regarding Panasonic Plasma HDTVs in the last four years as it is truly sad. ...Black levels for once, and much more....

5. My dear fellow members and guests; we live in a world of natural beauty, but also in a world of human flaws!

*** At the end, you need a balanced equilibrium, and go for a walk in the next mountain...

Yes! Please, do write an audio/video equipment review. Not because it's your job and you get paid for it, but because you have what it takes in all your guts to do it! ...With all the good and the bad!

Don't worry because I'm not! I'll be back... You can count on it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing