* Just some Cool Videos! *

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
* Just Some Cool Videos & Photos! *

This is the thread for posting Cool Videos (& Still Photos), without any specific subject matter; just as long as they're cool that's all! :cool:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Fascinating video Bob! Thanks for posting it!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Roger Dressler (Dolby man, friend & member here) has just posted this video over at AVS in the Official Audyssey thread.
I thought it was pretty cool; I let you be the judge ... :b

* Here's actually Roger's post.

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It is extremely cool Bob! Thanks for posting it here. I loved the idea of having surrounds on tracks!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
No sweat Amir, but Roger is the one who deserves the accolades.

* By the way, I don't know if you noticed recently;
but I believe that you might just see more of me around here.

And please, feel totally free to let me know when you have enough! Lol :b
But I'll do my very Best to have fun with everyone, and contribute whatever I can.

And after exactly a year here at WBF I feel pretty good with everyone.
My goal is to bring the best out of me; in quality, in humor, and sharing between learning and giving... Just like everyone of you guys already do. :b

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
You are most welcome to post as much as you feel Bob. We created the forum to facilitate communication between like minded people who respect each other. You certainly fit that profile :). And have a kind heart to boot.

Here is the other bit. Every time I see a post from you, and I mean every time, I think of you planting trees! Your original intro has been tattooed in my mind. We are blessed to live in Pacific Northwest with great population of evergreens. So one gets real appreciation of their beauty and function.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That is absolutely and suitably cool as this is the biggest 'exploit' I performed in my life, I believe.

Hey, over two million trees; you've got to do it!

And my background is also from the ARTS; Music, Cinema, sound systems, surround sound, paintings, graphic designs, architecture, art history, and so much more, all related to creativity, energy, relaxation, peace, and freedom of expression ...

So, What's Best Forum is totally appropriate for a fellow like me. :b
All the people are real nice, many pros, from all avenues, and smart people too.
I'm going to invest a big part of my energy in trying to see what makes people truly happy in their life, and the same for me; best of everything! Money or not! :b

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
So much for the absolute sound. Chuck is awfully proud of the compressors and equalizers in there. This is top grade studio engineering, and the processing is so extreme it's absurd. Of course, the "colorations" of tubes are highly valued.

"This compressor makes it into such a beautiful wad". Har, har!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing