VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Just Purchased Janaki String Trio

Hallelujah!! Hope this is a trend!

Tapes can be ordered online at Yarlung's website www.yarlungrecords.com. Price per reel: $125.

You'll need to add shipping...
Very high praise from Myles...this ought to be good :D

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks Myles... What machines would have CCIR equalization?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hi,

I take it your B77 is NAB eq, if not and it is IEC i believe it's the same as CCIR.

Cheers

Duncan

It does....

Thanks Myles!... Saving for these and Tony's tapes (the Beethoveen tapes sound interesting!)

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
The Studer A810 has both CCIR (IEC) and NAB equalization switchable with just a push of a button.

My Studer A80VU Preview machine has a switch that can go from CCIR to NAB with the use of a screwdriver.

My Ampex ATR-102 has to be biased for one eq. or the other. You might be able to get around that by having a spare set of cards that are eq'd to the specific equalization that you can switch in and out of the card cage. I haven't explored this option so I can't verify that it's as easy as a card swap.....

kipdent

Sep 25, 2010
For those who might be looking for some new music to play on their R2Rs! Also, they're a cause worth supporting since so few have stepped up to the plate and released 15 ips tape!

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue58/yarlung.htm

Myles--you're right, the Janaki String Trio tape is a sonic joy. I'm not a big fan of 20th century classical music, but even this tape's two modern pieces are fun. The Beethoven, however, is sublime. Incredible texture and immediacy. Thanks for the tip!

Kip

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I really love the Suryodaya. Very interesting instrumentation.

Bruce in Pa.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I really love the Suryodaya. Very interesting instrumentation.

Bruce in Pa.

Do you have the tape Bruce? Or do you have the CD/LP?

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I bought all 4 as soon as I saw them offered. That's the one tape that I've listened to more than just an "audition". I'm much more of a fan of world music fan than classical or jazz so this really lit me up.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I bought all 4 as soon as I saw them offered. That's the one tape that I've listened to more than just an "audition". I'm much more of a fan of world music fan than classical or jazz so this really lit me up.

Nice to know! I was particularly interested in the percussion ensemble. I'll be ordering some as soon as I fix my bank account :(

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Myles, thanks for the tip. I ordered my set last night. Bob emailed back today that he currently has his 1/2 inch rig set up, and will start the dups shortly when he gets the 1/4 inch set up.

I may have mentioned that Katie Kadarauch, violist of the Janaki Trio is the assistant principal violist of the SF Symphony and carpooled with my daughter to the Oakland Youth Orchestra in the early '90's. Her dad recently retired as principal cellist of the SF Opera orchestra and still plays with the SF Ballet orchestra.

Larry

tailspn

Jun 28, 2011
Yarlung Records has recently transferred twenty of their original tapes to 256fs DSD. Nativedsd.com is previewing two tracks from the two albums Smoke & Mirrors: Vision, and Suryodaya. These tracks are offered free as Tracks 09 and 10 on the Just Listen label of demonstration tracks, in both the original 256fs dff DSD, and metadata tagged 128fs and 64fs .dsf DSD formats.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing