The 25 Ultimate Audiophile Speakers of All Time

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I've heard the majority of the speakers in that list. They all of their plus and minus -- mostly pluses. I could live with almost any of them.

The ONLY one I strongly object to is the Von Schweikart VR-4. We tried to use that speaker at a CES one year in two different rooms and even with room correction, it was absolutely terrible. We eventually had to go beg another speaker manufacturer to loan us one of their speakers.

I recognize that we all have different opinions of speakers but I am clueless how this speaker even made the list. Compared to the other speakers, what were it's redeeming values?

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Apogee Grand, (in the next 19 inductees section) were $60,000 to start. The much smaller "Studio Grand" WITHOUT the built in amplifiers/crossover/Krell amps was 15K TO 18K. Alas that Apogee is so forgotten.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
What the hell were they smoking when they put this list together. Some Maui Zowie?

The fact that they list the Genesis APM-1 (in the next 19 inductees), which I thought was the worst sounding of all the Genesis loudspeakers puzzles me. It was designed to hit a price point (and failed), and I thought that it sounded compromised and was unreliable to boot. When I rebuilt Genesis (the company), it was the only current product that I did not continue making.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I just rescued 8 out of the list! But must admit that I habe not heard some of them....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing