Washer and Dryer Opinions?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We just replaced our over 20 year Maytags with LG front loader. Like Matt we don't close the washer door on the latch but merely unlatched and open but a crack. We have never had a problem with smell of stagnant water. It is also very quiet and extremely efficient. As to second floor vibrations from the dryer IMO this is a perfect place to use Stillpoints Ultra 5s. :)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I'll grant you that the LG is very quiet. It also wrings very well, allowing the dryer to dry the clothes quickly, but we leave the door open also, and I think it's a pain in the ass.

I would buy a new washer for the house, and I don't care about how efficient a new washer is. All I want is good capacity and to keep the door closed when not in use and I don't want to have to drain it periodically.

Gail doesn't seem to mind draining the LG and keeping the door open, although I think she has been better about submitting to its quirky requirements than I am. If I'm going to shell out $2500 to $3500 on a washer and dryer, I don't want to have to do anything more to maintain them than I presently do for my old machines, which is NOTHING.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
We just replaced our over 20 year Maytags with LG front loader. Like Matt we don't close the washer door on the latch but merely unlatched and open but a crack. We have never had a problem with smell of stagnant water. It is also very quiet and extremely efficient. As to second floor vibrations from the dryer IMO this is a perfect place to use Stillpoints Ultra 5s. :)

Do your clothes dry faster if you use a Shunyata power cord on the dryer? :)

Lee

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Lee

Great thought Lee. I'm thinking perfect for the Alpha High Current.

Gary I think you are showing your age and a little stiff under the collar. We gave never once used the cleaner for the water and there is no smell. The clothes are so dry that the dryer cycle is extremely short. As to the door being open a crack it is just no big deal. How many times are you in your laundry room each day that it is even an issue. We did a huge due diligence and it came down to LG or Samsung. Very little to pick and choose as Samsung copies virtually any other product. LG was the winner for us. No regrets Gary. I need to buy you a drink and I don't even drink ;)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
^^^^ I actually go through my laundry room a lot. I go through it to go down to my basement and to the garage. Yes, the dryer has little to do after the wash cycle wringing. Gail says I have to adjust to new technology (like the washers) and not act old and resistant to change! The thing is, if I'm paying for something, I want it to do what I want it to do. I almost purchased the Samsung a year ago, but decided not to. Maybe a good gin and tonic will do!

We don't drink because we like it. Nobody LIKES it. We drink because we HAVE to. :p

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH

Lee
Perhaps there is more controlled air between items during the drying process

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing